Is there any way to calculate calories burned WITH OUT a HRM

Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I have both Jillian Michaels Yoga Melt Down and 30 Day Shred. I was wondering if I could at least get a estimate of my calories burned with our going and getting a HRM.

Replies

• Jenn3073
    Jenn3073 Posts: 9 Member
    I did the shred today with a HRM and logged it as circuit training general...the calories it calculated for the time were pretty close to what my HRM said.
  • There are a number of websites that have calculators that estimate how many calories you burned based on your weight. Here is a link to one of those: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    You can guest it by picking one of the circuit training one, but not really. I did one of JM's DVD a couple of times and with my HRM, my calories burned came out different (due to my heart rates are different). The differences are 50-100. :P I guess I got more fit and the 2nd time didn't take me as much as effort to do the workout.

Keep in mind, it's also depends on your weight and age too. So for a heavier female, she'll end up burn lot more than I did. I've always have to work lot more harder/longer to get the calories some others can burn in shorter (sometimes half of the) time.
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    i'm not a professional..... i've read some ppl on mfp say 8 calories for every minute of exercise. or in the mfp data base i've use general circ. training for the 30 day shred. for me if it is the ballpark i'm okay w/ it..... good luck
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    for me it changes day by day. I am ending week 2 of the shred (level 2) and when I first started I burned around 250 calories and yesterday I was down to 194. Seems to go down as you get better at it. You would probably be safe to assume the 200 range.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    There are a number of websites that have calculators that estimate how many calories you burned based on your weight. Here is a link to one of those: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Thank you SOOOOO much! That site is great.
This discussion has been closed.