Press Ups = Impossible

moonshine_bek
moonshine_bek Posts: 19
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys

I have been doing fitness DVDs for a month now and the only aspect I cannot see to improve on is press ups! Is there something I might be doing wrong? It feel as if my arms will snap, and not the muscles, but bone! Is it possible to be TOO FAT for these? :huh:

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    I agree lol I can do mayb one lol
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Try doing them on your knees first and then build up to doing them on your toes. I couldn't do more than one when I first started doing the 30 day shred dvd, but by starting on my knees and working up slowly I can now do 10 full ones.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    no you are not to fat! look it up on line for variations, may have to start with wall put with time you will get stronger keep working at it your arms will look great :smile:
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Just like everyone else is saying, start with a different variation. My fitness trainer had me start with my hands on a bench or something elevated a couple feet off the ground (you could use your bed, a coffee table, a park bench) Being elevated takes a lot of the pressure off and will make it easier to start out with. Once you can do those, move to the ground on your knees, then to normal press ups. Have to start small! But you can SO do it!!
This discussion has been closed.