Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for more replays :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and a whole host of other things to deal with. Just last night I posted a blog of everything I'm doing. Feel free to read all the tips I posted. They're simple to do. :)
  • Caper88
    Options
    Thanks for more input because I am feeling like I might as well quit since I am not losing weight :(
  • KittyO8
    Options
    I haven't read through the other post as I'm leaving work and am rushed.

I was just diagnosed with PCOS at the end of last week. I was put on metofirm (sp?) (500 mg for the first week than bump up to 1,000 mg a day week 2 and on) I was also put on a low carb diet, dr. recommend South Beach and I've been on it since Sunday.

3 days into it I'm loving it, feel great and am already down .6 lbs since Sunday.
  • Caper88
    Options
    Good luck with metformin because I could not get over the side effects.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I followed Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan, I have no symptoms of PCOS. I worked on salvia hormone balancing and followed her "rules" for hormone therapy and it's been a wonderful result.
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fiiterpam had some great advice. Those are the exact things I did as well and I have lost 76 pounds in one year. My weight lose was extremely slow in the beginning but the best advice I ever received was "Stay consistent!" I also really have to kick butt at the gym, I work out 60-90 minutes 6 days a week, if I do not work out and focus on diet alone I do not lose. All of my PCOS symptoms are gone for the first time since puberty! Metformin did not work for me. I did this with out any meds, I take a high quality Omega-3 pill and a woman's daily vitamin.