My first HELLO, and I'm looking for some constants.

Options
Hey everyone,

I am on day 24 of my weight loss battle, and I think I'm doing well. For the first time in my life I am abandoning my idea of "diets," and just working hard to keep my calorie intake under control. I'm also going to the gym pretty religiously (6-7 days a week, 35-45 minutes of interval training on the elliptical machine each time). I''d like to add strength training to my workouts as well. I've got some pretty flabby arms, and an extra-large butt (damn genetics), but I'm working to be the small, healthy girl I know I can be.

As of now I know I look like I weigh MUCH less than I do, which is great... but here it is -

Height - 4'11", probably closer to 5'
Starting - 154.5lbs (wow...)
Current - 146.5lbs
Goal - 115lbs

I'm looking for some people here that I can count on. Some constants. If there are any college age girls out there, I'd LOVE to hear from you. (or anyone else!) If we all work as a team I know our results can be greater. We can push each other, motivate each other, and be there for each other when we have bad days.

Let's do this - who's with me?

Replies

• Denise6914
    Options
    Hi, sounds like you are doing well so far! This is a great place for support. I will send you a friend request:)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello! and welcome! ive just done my top up degree p/time so not sure i count! lol! but if u are looking for someone to help motivate you feel free to add me! sounds like u are doing fab with the exercise so far!
    im managing to do the 30 day shred approx 5 days a week and i do zumba once a week! cant do anymore as i work full time!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family and you can add me to your friend list if you wish. Glad your here.
  • boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will come along the journey with you! I am 22 so right there with you. Good luck and congrats on all the hard work you have put in so far.
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    welcome aboard- sounds like you are headed in the right direction- you can add me as a friend if you want to
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I"m far from being a college student, though as soon as my divorce is over, my goal is to become a certified personal trainer...and take a few nutrition classes at the local college. Not sure how long that will take me to do as things are really rough right now.

Anyway, I learned a lot about myself 4 years ago when I started my Journey toward health. I hate the term diet, as diets tend to fail. for me, it's more about creating a healthy lifestyle and getting the right balance of nutrition. I don't believe in low/no carb, high protein, etc... I believe that our body's need a bit of everything in the healthiest form out there. Meaning, lean healthy protein, healthy carbs found in fruits, veggies, and whole grains along with the correct balance of everything else.

Good luck with your journey toward health. I would love to share our successes stories with one another and help to motivate and encourage each other.
  • Katrina634
    Options
    I don't know how to add/request friends.....can someone help me?
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    the way I do it is click on the person's name you want to add which will bring up their profile. Then click on the ADD FRIEND button.
  • Peyton115
    Options
    Hi! I'm just starting out on MFP and I'd love to work together and be buddies. I am in college as well so I am right there with ya and know the struggle. We can do this though! Good luck!
  • signerh
    signerh Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... I would love to be a part of your team :)
  • katyviking13
    Options
    Hey, I'm a college student as well and am pretty much in the same boat as your are. I weigh 150 (mostly muscle because I'm on the rowing team at my school) but want to get to about 120-125lbs. I would like to lose fat around my stomach, butt, and thighs.

It sounds like you are doing great so far and I'd love to help you along the way. I'll add you as a friend :)
  • taliyai
    Options
    Thanks so much for your support! It's amazing you have so much muscle, and it's definitely something I'm striving for. I read your profile and I want you to know that you are beautiful and there is NO need to hate your body. Look how much you've accomplished with your rowing team! 150lbs of muscle? Wow :)
  • katyviking13
    Options
    Thank you! It really means a lot :)
  • taliyai
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone! I'm definitely feeling the love. Let's get through this week together, shall we?!