Outdoor activity vs. traditional cardio training

jwatford
jwatford Posts: 9 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm in South Georgia and the weather is great this weekend. I will be washing my truck, gathering limbs, working in the yard, etc. Should I still put in my 42 minutes of cardio on the glider? Will I have the energy for this? Am I looking for excuses to slack off?

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    id look up the cal burn for ur activities that ul be doing

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • jwatford
    jwatford Posts: 9 Member
    Good idea. I forget that they have just about everything logged these days.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Do you have a HRM? That way, you'd know for sure how many cal. you're burning (and if your activity is actually an "activity", if you know what I mean). Washing your truck might not burn a lot, but yardwork probably does, esp. that kind. Btw, I'm in S. GA too, and I'm soooo excited to get out this afternoon!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    I would start off my day on the glider... get the calorie burn in early, it will just help you feel more energized to go through your day... Enjoy your weekend!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I'm in South Georgia and the weather is great this weekend. I will be washing my truck, gathering limbs, working in the yard, etc. Should I still put in my 42 minutes of cardio on the glider? Will I have the energy for this? Am I looking for excuses to slack off?

Depends on how your lifestyle is set. If it's set to active, then no I wouldn't count it.

If it's set to sedintary I would. I have in the past worn an HRM while mowing the lawn. But remember to back out your "couch calories". In other words you would probably burn at least 100 calories an hour sitting on the couch.
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Working is a great calorie burn , but you add in glider and the fat burn takes place. Enjoy the weather.
  • Outdoor activity has so many more benefits that a treadmill tucked in the corner of your dark basement. Being outdoors can greatly improve your mood, provide much needed Vitamin D, and just get you appreciating your surroundings! And a bonus...you burn calories too!
This discussion has been closed.