Applebee's 550 Menu - your thoughts?

2»

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    When I go to Apple Bees I look at both the under 500 and the weight watcher points. I usually find better options that I like under the weight watchers points. Last time I had a herb roasted chicken that came with mashed potatos and steamed broccoli and it was only 330 calories but the sodium was pretty much my sodium intake for a day.
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    go to mexican and eat a bean burrito, lots of fiber and not much fat, not much sodium, better choice to eat out!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    It always irritates me that the smaller portions with less "food" are more expensive. Sit down restaurants are hard to do because you just never know how the food is really cooked and I always feel ripped off when I get the bill. If they really want to solve the obesity issue in the world they would make the healthy food cheaper. :grumble:

But 'they' don't. They just want your money.

Of course, it's a business and they have bills to pay. It's often cheaper for them to give you more food for the same price than to slash the price.

But, as a restaurant, they ARE fullfilling their end of the bargain...food that you don't have to make at home and tastes good.

If I was you, I would just pick a regular entree and split it. You might feel more satisfied and then you will have a meal for the next day :D .
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    go to mexican and eat a bean burrito, lots of fiber and not much fat, not much sodium, better choice to eat out!

What planet are you on that mexican food doesn't have a lot of sodium?
  • The steak and shrimp was good with the mixed vegatables. I didnt eat the potatoes.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I only had the steak cause everything else doesn't appeal to me (I'm a picky eater and prefer the "bigger" meals)

When I go out to eat, I just get what I want. We don't go out to eat at a restaurant often so if I'm going to spend money than I'm going to enjoy my meal (usually we try to wait when it's my cheat today....like today! lol)

I also try to drink lots and lots of water especially when I know I'm going to have a high sodium intake.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    It's hard for most of us to avoid eating out, and often we try to make the best choices with the information that we have. But consider this...menu nutrition information is not regulated in any way shape for form. That nutritional information also assumes the selection is made to a standard recipe: substitutions, careless cooks etc. will all impact those values.

Additionally, numerous studies have shown that most menu items come in @ 20-30% MORE than indicated on the menu. So if/when you eat out, be sure to take that in consideration.

Thats exactly what I'm scared of.

I mostly do salads and I bring my own salad dressings. I request my meat if any is in the salad to not be marinaded or cook with added salt. I'm watching my sodium.
This discussion has been closed.