i think i hit a platue.

Options
im going crazy , i havent lost anything in a while now , and its driving me crazy what should I do ?? any suggestions ???
maybe cause I hurt my back and havent been able to workout ?? i just went back to the gym last monday will go all this week and countinue what else ???
Thanks for any advice you can give me ...
:smile:

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Maybe the problem. Drop your calorie intake by 10% if you can and start slowly at the gym to you get back in shape from the injury.
  • shawny519
    Options
    Change up your excercise routine....And also make sure you are eating healthy...And dropping the calorie intake some is a good idea....
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I had a period of time of about 3 weeks where I lost nothing actually I even gained some. Just keep on doing what you are doing once the plateau period is over it will start dropping again.

One thing I was doing was measuring myself and as long as you see that you are losing inches, dont worry about it. Our bodies are not machines, they do what they want and we cant always control it.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Rice, pasta, potatos, breads... Don't do more than one of those per meal and keep the serving small as you can handle. Try to eat the most of green veggies. Broccoli, spinach, green beans, zuchinni and a little of the other colors. Watch your sugar intake too. Stay away from bbq sauce, ketchup, chinese food sauces. Go for mayo, mustard, pickles. Less sugars. Go for lower sugar dressings on salads, etc. Fruits you can keep to straw,blue, black berries. They have a low sugar content, compared to apples, bananas. If you go for apples, bananas, buy smaller ones. Hope thsi is helpful.
  • TerriMama23
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone !!!
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    cant help as not had one yet but i think if you are doing everything you should be e.g right number of calories and water it will sort itself out and mfp is set so you can lose weight without exercise ( although it speeds it up a bit) good luck hope that helps a bit
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    water water water...i hit a plateau after 3 solid weeks of weight loss, and started drinking 10 plus glasses of water and finally had a breakthrough. Also, I read an article that said the key to breaking through a plateau is to change something and not give up!!! I also had to eat MORE for a couple of days to get my body out of the "omg what are doing to me"!!!

good luck, make some changes but most important don't give up!!!