? about Veggie Pizza Topping Cals

Options
I have read where veggie pizza toppings calories are 45 per slice. When I break it all down I come up with 24 now I am confused, does 24 or 45 seem right?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I assume it would vary fairly widely based on the restaurant you got the pizza from. Does the place you order from have nutritional information online?
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Go with your breakdown, since that's more specific.
  • edman63
    Options
    For Superbowl Sunday, tried a Kashi pizza from the frozen food section at the grocery. It was surprisingly good and much lower in calories than the standard stuff from a restaurant.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm making it from scratch, I use the online database or check for that restaurant online. Sometimes I have to use whatever place in the database is closest to the local restaurant that I went to. The most important thing when using a similar entry is to watch the crust type. Don't pick thin crust if you had hand tossed or pan pizza. Good luck!
  • nmarch869
    Options
    Barelmy and NightOwl1 thanks for replying so quickly. I was liking my break down more because it seemed right to me. Plus I don't feel as guilty. I know that when you start dropping meat in it goes up 6 to 22 cal depending on the meat. I like my veggie pizza and again thanks.
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    Depending on how accurately you are counting your calories, that difference is small enough that I may err on the conservative side and go with the higher number. Now...if you ate as many pieces as I am prone to do with pizza (my nemesis food!) then maybe you should go with your estimate!
  • nmarch869
    Options
    45 seems high for veggie when pepporoni pizza topping goes for 27. As far as crust goes I don't even eat that and don't miss it.