Question about reps/sets/weights

wfcmoog
wfcmoog Posts: 3
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, new to the site and the forum and am just getting to grips with it all.

I've been logging all my food and have logged also the calories burned through excercise, taking the reading from my HRM.

However, I would also like to be able to log the excercises I do in the gym, but I can't get around the standard format of:

Sets
Reps/set
weights/rep

This obviously makes the assumption that I'm training a set amount of sets, of a fixed amount of reps at a set weight, which isn't the case. I tend to work in pyramids, adding in drop sets, strip sets, sometimes getting more reps, sometimes working to failure.

Is it possible to personalise it, so I can record each set, by weight and reps, for each exercise?

Replies

• miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Perhaps you could record your strength training in the "Exercise Notes" section instead. That way you could include all the details and wouldn't be restricted to MFP's format.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    You could always put them in individually, for each set. I usually do a warm up set with less weight, and try to increase weight, or reps on my final sets. That's how I did my first few. Now I'm using a different app for weight training. It would be nice if they could make a better adjustment for weight training exercises.
  • Thanks guys - can you tell me which app you use Dave? I've tried about 30 now and they are all useless!!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Thanks guys - can you tell me which app you use Dave? I've tried about 30 now and they are all useless!!!

Right now I'm using jefit. It's not perfect, if you want to add an extra set, of something to vary from your usual workout, you can, but it takes a little tweaking. It does have demonstrations on how to do different exercises.
This discussion has been closed.