Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 2/14-2/20

Options
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. We also post our weigh-in numbers for the week on Monday (when the challenges actually start). Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Let’s try to burn some of those extra calories consumed from Valentine’s Day. The goal for the week is to burn 3500 calories. GO!

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Since some of us went out to eat for Valentine’s Day and sodium has taken over our bodies, let’s stay under our sodium goal this week.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON – Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?
TUE - Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?
WED - Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?
THU - Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?
FRI - Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?
SAT - Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?
SUN - Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?

Total Calories Burned: ##/3500
Days Under Sodium Goal: #/7

Good luck! :drinker:

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    This seems like a great challenge. Valentine's day is tomorrow though. Although sodium is not usually a concern of mine, I am just pointing out, many people have not experienced Vday yet. ;) 3500 is a great calorie burn goal!!! I average 2700 ish anyway, this will definitely make me kick it up a notch!

I really like that this challenge starts on Monday.... as a teacher that's how I think of my week starting. I will do my best to follow along! BUT I am not weighing right now and I don't plan on it till Feb 25 so I will skip the weighing in portion for now. :-D

The name is Shawnalee btw, feel free to send me a friend request!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    loveme... I wanna join, just cause you're leading! Last time I saw the 3500 calorie burn in a week, I was like: :noway: :noway: But I really wanna feel the burn this time! I KNOW I can do it!!! Let's do this together! :drinker:

Edit: PS - This is a FANTASTIC idea!!
  • curran80
    Options
    Hi

I would like to be part of this group, could really do with weekly challenges to keep me going.

Looking forward to starting with you tomorrow
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    This seems like a great challenge. Valentine's day is tomorrow though. Although sodium is not usually a concern of mine, I am just pointing out, many people have not experienced Vday yet. ;) 3500 is a great calorie burn goal!!! I average 2700 ish anyway, this will definitely make me kick it up a notch!

I really like that this challenge starts on Monday.... as a teacher that's how I think of my week starting. I will do my best to follow along! BUT I am not weighing right now and I don't plan on it till Feb 25 so I will skip the weighing in portion for now. :-D

Welcome Shawnalee! :flowerforyou:

I know tomorrow is V Day but I figured some ppl celebrated over the weekend. (Im celebrating today) Also, I'm going to be out all day but I wanted to make sure I posted the challenge today.

I know you said sodium is not a probelm for you so if there is something in particular you would like to focus on in the upcoming weeks, let me know.

Good Luck on getting that 3500 calorie burn this week! YOU CAN DO IT! :smile:
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT: 191.3 (1/31/11)
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 190.0
    WEEK 1: n/a -Week 8: n/a
    WEEK 9 Goal: 190, Actual: 190 (lost 1.3 lbs)
    WEEK 10 Goal: 188.6 Actual: 188.4 (1.6 lbs. lost)
  • loveme445
    Options
    loveme... I wanna join, just cause you're leading! Last time I saw the 3500 calorie burn in a week, I was like: :noway: :noway: But I really wanna feel the burn this time! I KNOW I can do it!!! Let's do this together! :drinker:

Edit: PS - This is a FANTASTIC idea!!

Hey Steph! Glad to have you! You will burn those 3500 calories off with no problem!

Edit: Im posting the challenges for mszSHOGAN while she's away for a couple of weeks.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

Welcome Shawnalee! :flowerforyou:

I know tomorrow is V Day but I figured some ppl celebrated over the weekend. (Im celebrating today) Also, I'm going to be out all day but I wanted to make sure I posted the challenge today.

I know you said sodium is not a probelm for you so if there is something in particular you would like to focus on in the upcoming weeks, let me know.

Good Luck on getting that 3500 calorie burn this week! YOU CAN DO IT! :smile:
    Awesome thank you for that!! I will definitely keep that in mind! Things are a a tad frustrating right now so I am sure I can come up with something I NEED to stick to! :-D
    Also, my Vday dinner is tomorrow but it is because my honey is making me homemade buffalo chicken pizza! :-D I am going to do my best to fit that in my day! haha But it helps knowing the exact recipe so I can figure it out.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Hi

I would like to be part of this group, could really do with weekly challenges to keep me going.

Looking forward to starting with you tomorrow

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey Steph! Glad to have you! You will burn those 3500 calories off with no problem!

Edit: Im posting the challenges for mszSHOGAN while she's away for a couple of weeks.
    Haha! OK, well you hooked me in. :tongue:
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think sugar is going to be my problem this :heart: day-week but salt is another ***** in my armor so I'm in.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    What are everyone's sodium limits? I think MFP said I should get less than 2500 mg, but I think that is a LOT of sodium. I lowered mine to 1500 a while back.

Oh yeah! And, SW: 184.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    What are everyone's sodium limits? I think MFP said I should get less than 2500 mg, but I think that is a LOT of sodium. I lowered mine to 1500 a while back.

Oh yeah! And, SW: 184.

They just lowered the recommended sodium limits to 1500...not sure, if it was the AMA or who
  • nisijam5
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT: 182.8
    Week #1: 182.4 (-0.4 lb)

MON – Calories Burned: ## ~ Under Sodium: Y/N?

sodium will be a good thing for me to work on....love those salty potato chips, pickles, breads, bacon...all loaded with salty deliciousness

OK...off to the dentist for a filling replacement...not my idea of date with cupid
  • loveme445
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT: 190.9 (12/10/10)
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 179.6
    WEEK 1: n/a
    WEEK 2: n/a
    WEEK 3 Goal: 188.9, Actual: 187.8 (-3.1)
    WEEK 4 Goal: 185.8, Actual: 187.8 (0)
    WEEK 5 Goal: 185.8, Actual: 186.8 (-1)
    WEEK 6 Goal: 184.8, Actual: 183.8 (-3)
    WEEK 7 Goal: 181.8, Actual: 182.4 (-1.4)
    WEEK 8 Goal: 180.4, Actual: 180.8 (-1.6)
    WEEK 9 Goal: 178.8, Actual: 179.6 (-1.2)
    WEEK 10 Goal: 177.6, Actual: 179.6 (0)
    WEEK 11 Goal: 177.6, Actual:

1500 for sodium?! I can barely stay under 2500. As of now, Im going to stick with MFP and try to stay under 2500.
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    I'm on board...what a great challenge! I'll keep track for the week and post on Sunday!

Jennifer
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    starting weight : 143
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    wats the sodium goal?
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Did great on last week's challange, but only lost 1 pound. This week's should be interesting seeing as I haven't even managed to burn 1600 calories in the 2 weeks I've been on MFP and sodium is already a struggle. I am going to give it my all!!! Unfortunately by the time I found out about our challange for the week I had already blown my sodium for the day. I WILL do better tomorrow.

MON – Calories Burned: ## 100 ~ Under Sodium: NO:sad:

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    MON – Calories Burned: ## 143 ~ Under Sodium: Yes

Total Calories Burned:143/3500
    Days Under Sodium Goal: 1/7