Seems like the cool thing to do. ;D

Options
So I've been here about 30 days now, I figured I might as well re-introduce my self. *waves* I'm Bunny, nice to meet you.

I actually had signed up last year about this time. Didn't do too well (obviously).

I decided to make another attempt back around 1/13. I'm impressed it's stuck this long. ;D

I've currently lost 10lbs (those same darned easy one LOL) so I'm back under 200. My weight goal is to drop the entire 50lbs by Christmas. Yeah I'm taking this slow.

But more importantly, my goals are to:
-Back off on my soda (caffeine free on weekends but pretty much have only drank tea)
-Back off on my meat consumption (seriously loving the new vegan recipes I've tried)
-Back off on my beer consumption (ahem)
-Get back into dance (belly dancing 3 nights a week, boo yah!)
-Try new means of exercising (pole dancing has been amusing...)
-Get back to true portion eating (being aware what a serving is and how I can eat right for my body)
-Get my glucose level back to normal so I don't have to freak out over being like the rest of my overweight female relatives with type 2 diabetes. (This one is checked in 6 months)

These have seemed to evolve and change as I've progressed. I'm only gonna weigh myself once a month (26th for the win) so I don't get obsessed over this whole thing. I want to make life changes, not just lose weight.

If anyone would like to be friends, hit me up! I'm a support fiend. :D

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing? :smile: just remember this is a life time thing, not a race where the finish line is some number on the scales.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :)
    slow and steady is definitely the best way to drop the excess pounds - im hoping to be at my goal weight around december this year - got around 50lbs more to go, its a lifestyle change and it took a while to put on these lbs and it will take time to get it off safely :)

pole dancing is fab - i really wish i could take it up properly but its expensive and i have no where to put a pole at home :( and i looove belly dancing - done a bit in the past but really should take it up again!

good luck and feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    back off the beer .......... :D

all the best :P
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    glad uve decided to come back :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and good goals. If you stick with it you will definitely be successful. Its so nice to see people with realistic goals, understanding that its not supposed to happen overnight and that there are a whole range of behaviors that need to change. I wish you the best of luck!
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Look forward to taking this weight loss journey with you!

God Bless!

Shawn
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! :D

Yeah the pole dancing classes are, well, interesting when you're on the larger side. I'd have never even considered them but I got a "coupon" (I don't know if I can mention groupon?) for three classes and figure why not. LOL I could hardly move the next day!

It will be nice when this snow disappears so I can get back to hula hooping as well!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    pole dancing is difficult isnt it!!!! i love it tho, and im no skinny minny!! x