40 miles! Oh Yeah!!!

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Gotta crow here--did 40 mile ride today and did it in 3 hours and 30 minutes--just under 12 mph average!

a084.gifa084.gif

New distance record for me--1/2 century (50 miles) here I come!

I'm even thinking now that I might try for a 100 mile charity ride in October instead of the 60 miler I had thought about but will have to see how things go between now and then.

woohoonaner2gy.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    Gotta crow here--did 40 mile ride today and did it in 3 hours and 30 minutes--just under 12 mph average!

a084.gifa084.gif

New distance record for me--1/2 century (50 miles) here I come!

I'm even thinking now that I might try for a 100 mile charity ride in October instead of the 60 miler I had thought about but will have to see how things go between now and then.

woohoonaner2gy.gif
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Great job, that century ride is within your reach. Go for it!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    holy cow nice job. i envy you iwish i had the time to try to do 40 miles--:flowerforyou: :love:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    WTG, Shorerider! :flowerforyou:

I just started riding this morning. Looking forward to joining you in the 40 mile club one day!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Bravo!!! Made my bum hurt just thinking about it!!

:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Woo Hoo Shore!
  • shorerider

Mine's not feeling too great right now either! :tongue:

That's the only thing that hurts though.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    WOW!!! That is a long ride! HOORAY FOR YOU!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    :noway:

WOW!

Good for you!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Way to go Shorerider!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member

Mine's not feeling too great right now either! :tongue:

That's the only thing that hurts though.

Trust me the more you ride, the more you'll get us to it and your butt won't hurt as much. I bought a womens contour from performance bike. I think it was 29.00 or so. I LOVE IT! It really makes a HUG difference and that is so inexpensive for a good seat :happy:

I envy you. My vacation is over and I can tell. It's back to the 100 degree weather and it's pure torture to ride lately. I have been doing it, but getting even close to 15 miles in is aweful! I have been hydrating myself the best I can through out the day. Not so easy when I have to be scrubbed into surgery all day, but I do it...ugggg! I just run to the bathroom as soon as I break scrub :tongue:
    And of course I hydrate myself during the ride, but I still feel like I'm having mini heat strokes :sick:
    I get the chills and my heart starts to race...not good! But I'm not going to give in, never have, never will!
    I'll have to get my GOOD rides in on Satur and Sunday mornings until September!

But good for you Shorerider....that is so awesome for you and I'm so excited to hear it when you reach your riding goals...YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!! P.S. you were on my MFP Island list LMAO!!! Loved that thread...POOR LIL TY hahahahhahah!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Happy riding,
    Kel~

biker1.gif
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Lady that is just great!!!!! You rock!

I am planning a to ride a century in August, probably metric.

If we ride together I'll let you ride my "sofa" if your bum hurts:wink:

Way to go!!!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Wow, 40 miles?

Where in the world do you find the time?
  • shorerider
    Wow, 40 miles?

no kids...work at home most of time...set my own schedule. Riding has become my hobby and my stress reliever, so I make the time, too.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Wow, 40 miles?

no kids...work at home most of time...set my own schedule. Riding has become my hobby and my stress reliever, so I make the time, too.

maybe I need to move from the Richmond area to the beach.....sigh
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Shorerider your progress is such an inspiration to us all! :happy:

Correct me if I am wrong... but it wasn't too long ago you started this type of riding.

Was it April...or May of this year??!! :glasses:

My goodness...you are a force to be reckoned with!! :tongue:

Crow all ya want...it's an amazing accomplishment !!!! :drinker: :smokin:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi
  • Thats awesome, good job!
  • shorerider
    Shorerider your progress is such an inspiration to us all! :happy:

Correct me if I am wrong... but it wasn't too long ago you started this type of riding.

Was it April...or May of this year??!! :glasses:

My goodness...you are a force to be reckoned with!! :tongue:

Crow all ya want...it's an amazing accomplishment !!!! :drinker: :smokin:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi

Thanks! Yes, I just started riding on April 1 when I joined MFP. I love too!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Way to go Sho! Crow, crow, crow! You will indeed be able to do a century now. It is an entirely different strategy for me, its all about the cadence and eating. It sounds like you have the legs to do it so, you go girl! My bike is still in the shop and so I am waiting for its return. I think when it comes back I will sleep with it next to me for a week. I will be riding with you in spirit. It is so very wonderful that you have come so far, so fast.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Congrats... that is amazing! So jealous... I can not do that. Keep up the great work. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!