weigh in

nukehiker
nukehiker Posts: 457
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
any thoughts what day of the week is best to do your weigh ins ? I currently am working out or doing my cardio in the morning, should i weigh in before or after my work out on the weigh in days ?

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Definitely weigh in before your work out - that was the advice from my trainer. When he does my weight and measurements 1x a month its always prior to the work out. Best time is first thing in the morning, after the morning "tinkle", prior to eating. Either due it nude or always wear the same pj's when weighing in.

As for how often, a lot of different theories out there - do what is best for you. I found weighing in every day drove me crazy - weight fluctuates to much. So now I weigh Monday and Friday. Monday to set up my week and see if I have to do any damage control from the weekend. Friday to evaluate progress and hopefully inspire myself to stay on track during the weekend.

Good luck!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    i would weigh in b4 as its a truer reading, my current weigh in day is a wed, but thats due to me joining MFP on a wed :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    I think the morning is the best time. As to the day, that's really just up to you. Some people like to do Mondays cause it's the start of the week. Some like Fridays. I usually do Wednesdays cause that's the day I joined MFP.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    i would weigh in b4 as its a truer reading, my current weigh in day is a wed, but thats due to me joining MFP on a wed :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x

*JINX*
  • i weigh every sunday, nornally after brekkie as thats when my shop opens ( i stick with the same machine) and before the gym
  • Anyday, i generally do mine on Wednesdays though, Its the day i started :)
    Before your workouts, before breakfast and after going to the toliet. I feel its best to weigh yourself as soon as you get up.
    Thats what i do :)
    Edit: There's so many Wednesday people, haha!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    So now I weigh Monday and Friday. Monday to set up my week and see if I have to do any damage control from the weekend. Friday to evaluate progress and hopefully inspire myself to stay on track during the weekend.

I love this idea
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member

best wishes
    Kirstie x

*JINX*

LOL LMAO!!!! :D
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    I personally weigh in multiple times per week (Curiosity gets the best of me) but it's always in the evenings in my work's fitness room (I use their high-quality scale for the most accurate readings since my home scale isn't consistent).
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    i weigh myself in the morning before i eat. I usually Check my weight about mid week-like wed/thurs, but i don't weigh in on MFP until mondays. (that might change depending on how bad my weekends are haha)
  • The best time is the time that is convenient for you. When I went to the gym all the time years ago, i weighed in after I did my cardio because I had to pass the scale from the cardio area to the weights. Right now I weigh in every morning after I get up and use the facilities but before I drink or eat anything.
  • I weigh on a Weds, mainly because i find if im going to go off track then it will be at the weekend so i find it gives me a couple of days the get back on track!
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    As for how often, a lot of different theories out there - do what is best for you. I found weighing in every day drove me crazy - weight fluctuates to much. So now I weigh Monday and Friday. Monday to set up my week and see if I have to do any damage control from the weekend. Friday to evaluate progress and hopefully inspire myself to stay on track during the weekend.

Good luck!
    [/quote]

Fab idea
  • I weigh myself once a week at the same time when its convenient to me, always wear the same clothes (shorts, t-shirt as i weigh myself at same time as i do a work out), I've tried weighing myself before & after a workout & there was no difference, but you will
    get different results if you weigh on different days or at different times of the day.

I dont like to weigh myself more than once a week as it could get me down if im showing a higher weight, like everything else
    its all down to personnal preference
  • I weigh In Once a week as well but I weigh in on Sunday. im thinking I might change my weigh in date.
This discussion has been closed.