Inspiring weight loss people apply with in

Cylia
Cylia Posts: 30 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
'ello MFP community! I joined MFP on my phone a while ago but never realized that there is an online component until now. That is really exciting for me since I could use the social support. I am often deterred in my goals for a healthier lifestyle and better eating habits. I joined Zumba back in July which I currently do 2-3 times per week but it only made a couple pounds different. How do you guys get over the de-motivitional hump?

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    just try to keep envisaging the end results lol, at least thats how i do it

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Welcome to the online site.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I really try to de-emphasize results. I mean I weigh in and track my measurements, but I really try, mentally, to make MEETING my calorie goals, and getting in all my planned workouts for the week. When I started on here, I wanted to lose 39 lbs. So I looked at the calendar, marked off 39 weeks from that day and promised myself I would keep trying until that day. I set smaller time frames and smaller goals, but always try to focus more on meeting the numbers in terms of calories and workouts than in terms of lbs.

ohsheglows.com is just a great motivational read for anytime I am feeling down- She has a lot of recipies but its an overall health and wellness blog, so it's just really great to read from someone elses perspective the highs and lows.

Welcome and best of luck!
  • Cylia
    Cylia Posts: 30 Member
    I noticed on your ticker that it seems to be a very successful method.

Thanks for the heads up on the website. I will definitely need to check that out. :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hi, too keep myself inspired and on the right track I visit this forum the most

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15-success-stories

Oh and I forgot my friends :heart: .....they are a great help getting over the bad days
This discussion has been closed.