Rapid Weight loss

Options
I'm pretty saavy with the whole health and fitness thing... or so i thought. calories out > calories in= weight loss, right? well, I've done some reading and understand about eating your excercise calories (even the guys on the biggest loser struggle with this... it's a lot of food sometimes). Anyway, i get on the scale today and im down three pounds since monday.
Yea... or is it? I am concerned because i really want to have a healthy steady weight loss instead of "yo yo" or whatever.

I have been really faithful and good about my diet, water intake, and exercise. My only lapse was not eating my exercise on M, T, W before i read (on this board, btw) how important it was.

So, should i be worried? I know that I am a guy and that I can experience bigger weight loss to start, but I'm still a little concerned because it hasn't even been a full week yet (5 days...)

Thanks for your input!:smile:

Replies

• richardwelch
    Options
    I'm pretty saavy with the whole health and fitness thing... or so i thought. calories out > calories in= weight loss, right? well, I've done some reading and understand about eating your excercise calories (even the guys on the biggest loser struggle with this... it's a lot of food sometimes). Anyway, i get on the scale today and im down three pounds since monday.
    Yea... or is it? I am concerned because i really want to have a healthy steady weight loss instead of "yo yo" or whatever.

I have been really faithful and good about my diet, water intake, and exercise. My only lapse was not eating my exercise on M, T, W before i read (on this board, btw) how important it was.

So, should i be worried? I know that I am a guy and that I can experience bigger weight loss to start, but I'm still a little concerned because it hasn't even been a full week yet (5 days...)

Thanks for your input!:smile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but I would say a lot of that is water weight and toxins and what not.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Not unusual to lose alot in the first couple of weeks--some lost up to 15 pounds. It's mainly fluids and other <ahem> "matter" that has built up on your system.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your eating healthy foods and exercising regularly you should be fine. Lots of us who have to loose more weight will drop the first 10 or so pounds quickly , since that is mostly water weigh,t then comes the uphill climb and it will slow down. Just ,make sure you don't cut out too manny of your favorite foods and eat smaller meals and don't forget to drink a lot of water ...
    I wish you success and Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs the 1st week and 4lbs the 2nd and since then it's been an average of 2lbs a week. Keep up the great job :smile:
    24167.png