Need help making a meal plan

Options
I really think that me having a meal plan would be very helpful. I've never made one before, so that's why I'm requesting help. I'd like to make one for a full week, but I have no idea where to start. If you have any suggestions on food or would like to help, please let me know. Thank you so much! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    here is an example:

Breakfast: piece of fruit, greek yogurt
    Lunch: turkey on a whole wheat roll, piece of fruit, baby carrots
    Dinner: Black Pepper Citrus Chicken with Fresh Corn Salad

Breakfast: cup of berries, applesauce, peanut butter bread
    Lunch: leftovers, spinach leaves with baby carrots and cucumbers
    Dinner: Herb Bread Stuffed Tomatoes with Parmesan Cheese

Breakfast: cup of cereal with cup of milk
    Lunch: leftovers, baby carrots, and a cup of berries
    Dinner: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

Breakfast: plain oatmeal with cinnamon on top
    Lunch: 4 slices turkey on a whole wheat rolls with pepper jack cheese and mayo, baby carrots, an apple
    Dinner: Out to Eat, chicken or seafood (eat half)

Breakfast: an apple dipped in peanut butter, whole wheat toast with jelly
    Lunch: leftovers from restaurant
    Dinner: leftovers

Breakfast: greek yogurt, an orange
    Lunch: spinach leaves with assorted vegetables and tuna, cup of berries
    Dinner: Quick Carrot and Raisin Salad

Breakfast: homemade granola bar
    Lunch: leftovers
    Dinner: Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce

Breakfast: applesauce, cup of berries, whole wheat toast
    Lunch: leftovers
    Dinner: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I would suggest going to your local library and getting the Clean Eating book by Tosca Reno or some similar book that lays out some healthy meal plans for you. Many now also have shopping lists included for each week so you know what to buy.

It might be called Eat Clean. I don't remember. People refer to this way of eating as both - it's not like she made it up or anything. :huh:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks, both of you!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Friend people with open food diarys, so you can snoope around and get a lot of ideas. My diary is open to freinds and I have to say I'm not perfect so I took a leap of faith that I wont be judged to harshly. You can freind me if you want. Renee
  • jackielynnhutnik
    Options
    Taste of Home has a book out called Taste Of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. It is a family meal style cookbook, with things in it everyone likes. They also have a 6 week meal plan in the book that is nice to look at.
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I make a weekly menu as well and base my grocery list off the menu - that way I save money by not wasting foods. My first step is to look at the flyers to see what is on sale and I then base my menu around that. After looking at the flyers I usually have a few gaps to fill so I go through my recipe books and see what jumps out at me. The first few weeks of menu planning can be quite tedious but once you get the grasp of it it's super easy!! I have a template I use now that has all the days listed and I just plug everything in. I swear it might take me 5 - 10 minutes to create a menu now.