Arm-toning help :)

Options
Hi everyone! I need a little help. I have an event I am going to in about 3 weeks, and I'm wearing a sleeveless dress. My arms could use a little toning. I was wondering if anyone had any upper body exercises that would be good for me. Keep in mind I have three weeks. Thanks for any help!!

Replies

• pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey

Im interest to hear answers too - my wedding is in may and i am also wearing a strapless dress. Could do with a little more toning! :-)
  • lindainak
    Options
    Cross country skiing tones arms up super fast.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would recommend isolated shoulder exercises, as well as bicep and tricep exercises. There are really no specific exercises for arms that will tone you up unless you get into more competition style, extremely isolated and muscle specific movements. Just a few that I really like are:

Biceps - Hammer Curls - this works the outside of the bicep if you are sure to keep your elbows tucked at your sides.

Triceps - Reverse Grip Pulldowns - I like doing this with a single handle on a cable machine and straightening the arm as much as possible at the bottom. This really flexes all three muscles, helps form that "horseshoe" shape.

Shoulders - Side to Front Raises - Start with a lateral raise, but at the bottom of the movement, take it to a front raise, keeping the weights in hammer position, palms facing each other. Really focus on only using the medial delt on the side and anterior on the front. When you turn the weight palms down for a front raise, it puts the resistance on both heads of the shoulder and not just the front, not making it as isolated.

Hope this helps!
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks alphstate :-)
    will give it a try!!
    i can finally see more muscle in general - and i like it!!
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something to do without equipment, pushups fit the bill nicely.

This is a nice site to get you started:

http://hundredpushups.com/

Even if you do "girl" pushups (knees instead of toes supporting your plank), you'll work your biceps, triceps, pecks (guys love this and girls should too! It helps give you 'lift'), and abs/core muscles. I'd be willing to bet by week 3 you'll see a noticeable difference if you stick with it!