New and looking for POSITIVE friends

Options
Hello all. My name is Jennie. I was here under another name previously and had to erase my account due to poor choices I made when adding MFP "friends." I'd really like some positive supportive friends who don't jump on people for not eating less than the recommeded calories. I just want people to cheer me on when I do well and people to cheer on in return. I am restarting my diet and my President's Challenge tomorrow and I can use some love and support as I do so.

Replies

• theresalizotte
    Options
    Hi Jenny,
    I am also new to this site. I am looking for friends I would love to be frieds. I have a lot of weight to loose and love the encouragement of friends.

Theresa
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennie! I would be more than happy to help you through your weight loss journey. As for eating less calories than the prescribed, sometimes it's a great way to kick start the journey. My only caution is try not to let the calories consume you. They are vital to weight loss - 90%. But daily exercise is essential too. Looking forward to encouraging you through this process.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I will be friends with both of you girls !
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site...I'm sure you will love it. It has worked well for me.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    feel free to add me, I am a great motivator and can always use some support on here also
  • getinshapegirl
    Options
    Would love to be your friend. I have been struggling for awhile at the same weight and would love some postivity and pats on the back when I succeed and gentle encouragement when I strugglel.! Good luck on your journey.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I've a positive chappy and love to cheer people on with their successes and offer gentle encouragement when falling off the wagon.
    I certainly have enjoyed the same in return from others and generally kept on track :-) Add me if you like!
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    hey jenne...welcome to the site..its a great site for motivation and support...i wish you good luck on your journey..feel free to add me...
  • bridget61
    Options
    I have been a member of Fitness Pal for awhile now, but haven't been very dedicated. I need some support to maintain my motivation as well. My 50th birthday is coming up and I want to be thinner by then. I would appreciate having your support.
  • tulaniq
    tulaniq Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm looking for the same thing :) I'd love to be added.
  • nana0507
    Options
    I am also new to mfp and need to lose alot of weight . For the first time I can really see me doing it.
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to you both :) good luck to you. i'm still fairly new to this as well so feel free to add me and we can support each other
  • ready_for_a_change
    Options
    Good luck in your quest to be fit, friend me if you like I am on a long journey as well!!
  • ethel64
    Options
    i would love to help you along your journey, its always good to have the support and positive feedback you need to keep you going!! :bigsmile:
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi Jennie! I'm sorry you had a bad experience first time around with this site. It's a shame people try to down others when we are all here for the same reason. Hope this time around is completely different for you! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • incognitopotato
    incognitopotato Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennie, feel free to add me :) I've just joined today and I'm also looking for positive support to keep me on track!
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me! im dieting on my own at the moment and would love some support/someone to support.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Hey! Me too! I'm new and don't have many dedicated and positive friends yet. I'm going to add you!
  • namisofly
    namisofly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to be friends as well. I am looking to lose weight as well.