getting a treadmill next month and...

paulmmichaud
paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
So I'm finally going to be able to afford to get a new treadmill next month. My last treadmill has been broken for over a year and I think "we" have made a decision on what to get. ProForm® 400 CT Treadmill

iFit® Workout Card Technology - Lose weight, feel great and improve performance in just 8 weeks with iFit® Workout Card Technology! Each card features workouts designed by Jillian Michaels, America’s Toughest Trainer. Simply plug the card into the treadmill’s console to get started. Your speed and incline adjust automatically while Jillian’s voice coaches you through your workout.
Jillian Michaels Lose Weight iFit® Workout Card - Drop pounds and transform your body with workouts that deliver real weight loss results. The Jillian Michaels Lose Weight iFit Workout Card includes 24 progressive workouts organized into an 8-week fat-burning program.
2.25 CHP Mach Z™ Motor - Experience expanded power with this quiet, self-cooling drive system. Employing an axial fan, this motor reduces noise as it cools internal components—enhancing your workout environment and extending the motor’s life.
ProTech™ Cushioning - This superior absorption system reduces joint impact up to 15%, as compared to road running.
16 Quick Calorie-Burn Workouts - Quickly access 16 Calorie-Burn Workouts with the quick console controls. Each workout is designed by a Certified Personal Trainer to help you maximize your workout time and get the results you want.

Does this sound like a good one to get? Anyone have experience with this brand or even the Jillian Michaels I fit thingy?

I want a treadmill to obviously burn off fat but also to get me in running shape again to complete some 5 and 10ks..maybe move on to a half or full marathon.. thoughts?

Paul

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    I like my Proform...haven't yet tried the ifit...maybe I'll get Julian's workout...got work up the courage however :)
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    sounds pretty cool to me
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    I dont have a proform tradmill but I have a proform crosstrainer 970 bike with ifit technolgy that I love!
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Yeah see my last treadmill I got about 8 or so years ago, so no I-fit, just wondering if that's worth it? I'm a big fan and I have a lot of respect for Jillian so I could see myself using that along with regular work-outs
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    I have a ProForm XP590S and love the iFit technology. Personally, from the research that I've done B4 and since getting it, I am glad it has a 2.75 HP commercial motor. Anything under 2.5 seems a little weak and lacking on warranty. If you are set on new, then find one with iFit for sure. If you want to buy used(I did) check out this site:

http://www.yakaz.com/

It searches craigslist and eBay for all 48 states. I've seen some reaaaaally great deals on there. I'm looking to upgrade mine soon and the one I like is $2,000 in Sears..... I've seen them sell on there for as low as $500 and this model just came out a couple years ago.
This discussion has been closed.