Sorta New, Need more friends:)

Options
Hi, My name is Brittany Craven. I joined MFP about 1 week or so ago and it has been a definite help in my weight loss. I am currently a college student and am looking for more people to help encourage and motivate me:) I know there have to be more people like me out there. Being a college student, and in the honors program, can be pretty stressful at times and its hard to stay motivated some days. I made it my new years resolution to get to my goal weight of 145, and I am wholeheartedly commited to getting there, hopefully by this summer. I have about 40 more pounds to lose so I can use all the encouragement I can get.

I seem to be stuck right now at my current weight, I've lost 13lbs since December, can anyone give me advice on how to get the scale moving again! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...or if everyone has times like these.
Thanks everyone:)

Replies

• erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! I am newish as well so feel free to add me as a friend. I made several of my family members join but none of them are actually doing it.
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I know what you mean about being a full-time student and an honor student as well, we are in the same boat! I am working on my second Bachelor's and then onto my Master's and also being a stay at home mom makes it even more tough to stay in shape! I know it is tough when you have a lot of work or studying for a big test to eat right, especially if you are a stress eater like me lol. I think we all hit slow times in weight loss...you just have to keep pushing yourself :)
  • sunflowerlily
    Options
    I have been on this site for about 2 weeks, but I am not new to the "trying to lose weight" club. Have been doing it on and off for years. One thing I have learned that could help is to change up what your eating if you eat the same things all the time. Still eat healthy, good for you foods but incorporate different ones into your meals. As well always remember to drink lots of water. Hope this helps. You can add me as well! Btw congrats on the 13 so far! DON"T GIVE UP!!:smile:
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Haha, the word plateau now makes me wince, but has been following me around for the last few weeks too, eapecially this glorious little creature that seems to be hanging on for dear life around my tummy, it just wont shift!.
    Im also a student with uni every day and truckloads of work, sometimes the being a student and being a dieter clash somewhat. Feel free to add me! i need new friends too :D
  • justine_c25
    Options
    I too am a student and find it difficult to find the motivation to do anything active, especially when I spend most days in front of a computer or sitting in class! My goal weight and New Years resolution is to get down to about 145 lbs as well, so I see we have some things in common!

I joined MFP almost a month ago and I am absolutely loving it. It's really helped me keep track of my daily calories and to drink my 8 glasses of water a day. I used to have a pretty unhealthy diet and I found that instead of giving up all of the unhealthy stuff at the drop of a hat, I slowly gave up the things that I didn't necessarily need to be consuming. It's been hard, but if I had any advice to give, it would be to think positive (I know, sounds lame) and even if you have to take steps backwards it's okay. It was easy for me to have a bad day and then totally move back into my old eating habits. If that ever happens now, I just forget about it and start over the next day. I guess I've learned that this doesn't happen overnight! It takes time...

Anyways, good luck with your goals and feel free to friend me!
  • mindyloohu
    Options
    Hi! you can totally add me I have some advice that's really good and e books if you need them too...let me know!