Monkey off my back

Options
I started a couple off days ago. I have been doing great expect for the frozen cookies (otis spunkmeyer chocolate chocolate chunk cookies). I would put them in the microwave for 30 sec. it was chocolaty yummy goodness. I could not stop eating them. I do not want to say how many i was eat a day . So I took them out of my fridge and throw as far as I could of my deck. I know it sound crazy but it made me feel great to get rid of them.

Replies

• traumarn
    traumarn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started a couple off days ago. I have been doing great expect for the frozen cookies (otis spunkmeyer chocolate chocolate chunk cookies). I would put them in the microwave for 30 sec. it was chocolaty yummy goodness. I could not stop eating them. I do not want to say how many i was eat a day . So I took them out of my fridge and throw as far as I could of my deck. I know it sound crazy but it made me feel great to get rid of them.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You sound exactly like me! I am a sucker for sweets! And I know how good if feels to get rid of a temptation you can't resist. I also recently joined, and seriously, my motivation comes from tracking my calories and reading messages from other people. I rarely have time to write my own messages, but I will sit down and just skim over some really quick, and see the support that we all have for each other! It keeps me going! So, the best of luck to you!!! And remember, there are a ton of people standing beside you as you endeavor through this journey!
    *Kistinbee*
  • mollymay
    Options
    Count me in on that one too. I can see myself hurling something off my deck.... definetely! I am a confections addict too... sweets, cakes, pies, cookies. But I am also a lover of all food.. the more fattening the better. thats why I like this sight. It really doesnt restrict me I just have to count everything I eat. :drinker:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I agree! I feel that I can still surrender to my sweet tooth every once and a while, as long as I plan accordingly and log it! I have found that sugar-free chocolate pudding is good-only 60 calories and it fulfills my chocolate craving!
    *kistinbee*
  • traumarn
    Options
    Thanks for the support :flowerforyou:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Argh! My co-worker just brought in donuts! How many ways can you spell temptation? Luckily he also got sugar free cookies. Maybe just one?? And some extra situps later!!
    Everyone struggles with something during a diet...
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I was never a sweets person. Until I started dieting. I am glad the leftover Halowe'en stuff is gone!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    If it's not good for me, I throw it away - immediately.

Unlike quiting smoking, I don't dig through the trash to find it again (I did this many times searching for cigarettes I had thrown away).

I can't resist when it's in my house. Outside of my house, if I see doughnuts or something, I tell myself that they can't be that good because they were store bought. I'm a food snob and sometimes I believe myself :tongue:
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    I agree with the quitting smoking thing. I hope I have better luck with the weight loss than I have with smoking. I have tried patches, chantix, and hypnotism...I guess I haven't got the want to yet. I will tackle that when I get better acquainted with this.
  • traumarn
    Options
    i stopped smoking 5 years ago with the patch and keeping busy. however, i tried many times before i was successful, so never give up. :flowerforyou:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Combination of patch adn keeping the nico-gum handy for real cravings worked well for me. Though I did not successfully quit, I can say that I never had any unmanageable cravings. I just didn;t really want to quit yet.

Right now I'm like jm and want to reach my weight goals, since putting on some weight comes with quiting.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is easier to quit smoking if you are also trying to lose weight. Probably just trying to have a healthier lifestyle in general. But I doubt a smoker was the one who said that! As an ex-smoker of 11 years I know how hard it is to quit. I tried so many times, but who knew you could even buy cigarettes in the middle of the African bush!

Everyone has a different reason for quitting. I thoroughly enjoyed smoking and never thought about the health side effects. For me, it was meeting the love of my life and realizing that I would lose him if I didn't quit. Living in a town where very few people smoke is also a bonus.

You all will find your reason someday. For now, good luck with the weight loss!!