Over 40, Celiac, and Low-Carber

Options
Hi, I'm new here too. Downloaded MFP app for my iPhone about a week ago and started logging about 4 days ago.
Over the past several years I have lost about 40 lbs and kept it off. Still had about 15-20 to lose and just not enough motivation to do it as I was pretty happy with how I looked, especially in clothes. A few months ago, I let things slip and gained back about 5 which is my LIMIT!! Now I am buckling down again and want to lose the last 15-20# once and for all. I have finally figured out maintenance, so this should be it!

I have multiple food allergies/intolerances (I have Celiac, and carry an epi-pen for allergies to dairy and beef. Pork and corn also don't agree with me.) and tend to feel best when I follow a low-carb, Paleo-ish diet focused mostly on healthy proteins, lots and lots of fresh veggies, and limited fruits. I don't have diabetes or metabolic syndrome, but I notice that I don't feel well with sharp increases/decreases in blood sugar, so the low carb thing works great for me.

For workouts, I love yoga, walking, hiking, winter sports (xc skiing, snow shoeing, ice skating), and lifting weights. Currently I am following The New Rules of Lifting for Abs by Lou Schuler. I love the core work and the emphasis on gaining a healthy back!!

I am over 40 and have two young daughters. I mostly stay-at-home, but have a couple of part-time jobs and am very involved at my daughters' school.

I am looking to meet some positive, upbeat, funny people to share this journey! Low-carbers and others welcome!!
My log is private, but visible to friends, so please "friend" me!!

:happy:
MrsP