favorite heart rate montiors???!

Options
Hi!!!
I'm looking to get serious and accurate about how many calories I'm really burning. I'm looking to get a heart rate monitor/calorie counter and Have no idea what to look for. What are your favorite brands/styles/features that you love???
Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just got Polar FT4 and I love it. I hear a lot of good things about the Polar & the Garmin.
  • freyman8080
    Options
    CampinGal34,

I have used Polar HRM for years. I have also been told by people I trust in the physical therapy and sports medicine field they are the best commercially available HRMs on the market.

I currently own the FT60. You can check out their many monitors at http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/

thanks,
    freyman
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Polar 6
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT4
  • tmorford
    Options
    I have a motiva watch that, with pressing two fingers to two buttons, will give a very accurate heart rate... been very happy with it

http://www.bjs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10201&storeId=10201&partNumber=P_82264516&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=82264516&sc_cid=DF
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I've got a bodybugg and love it. It's more accurate than a heart rate monitor. Too many things can mess with your heart rate for them to be accurate. The bodybugg is what they use on The Biggest Loser.
  • chezst33
    Options
    I have the Mio Motivo Petite... no chest strap & reasonably priced. It's very accurate and I've been happy with it-- about $70 off of Amazon
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I got a Polar FT7 HRM last week......I do love it. It is amazing how many calories you actually burned compared to what I was putting into my exercise log. Like a difference of 138 calories one time and not in my favor. I was shocked!!!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I got a Polar FT7 HRM last week......I do love it. It is amazing how many calories you actually burned compared to what I was putting into my exercise log. Like a difference of 138 calories one time and not in my favor. I was shocked!!!
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    Although, if you go with a bodybugg I highly recommend getting a digital display with it.
  • rhayes1
    Options
    My wife and I both use the Suunto tc1. Love it and we can change the battery on both the watch and belt ourselves. At the time we bought, i am not sure that you could do that on a Polar, think you had to send their belt in for service...although that may not be the case now. Works great! We just use for calories burned each workout session. I have never heard anyone NOT liking their hrm, no matter what the brnad...so that is good.
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much for all the ideas everyone!!
  • tmorford
    Options
    I have the Mio Motivo Petite... no chest strap & reasonably priced. It's very accurate and I've been happy with it-- about $70 off of Amazon

mio motiva petite... it has been a good watch for me.. .good to see someone else enjoying the same product
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have been really happy with my Polar FT4. Definitely see a difference in what I'm actually burning vs what I was recording from various online databases previously.

Whatever you get, get one with a chest strap for better accuracy.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    My wife and I both use the Suunto tc1. Love it and we can change the battery on both the watch and belt ourselves. At the time we bought, i am not sure that you could do that on a Polar, think you had to send their belt in for service...although that may not be the case now. Works great! We just use for calories burned each workout session. I have never heard anyone NOT liking their hrm, no matter what the brnad...so that is good.
    I have a suunto as well. LOVE IT!
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7, and I absolutely love it! It's really easy to set-up and use, and I don't even notice the chest strap when I'm working out.
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M5, works great, gives 7 day exercise plans based on current fitness and provides real time intensity guidance during work out. Most of all the chest belt is compatible with most fitness equipment so it will talk to our elliptical that will run cardio programs based on heart rate.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Before you spend money on an ordinary HRM, consider one with GPS added if you are at all the type to walk, run or exercise outdoors. To see why, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TrainerRobin/view/heart-rate-monitor-watches-something-to-consider-69776