HELP!!!

Options
My husband is so great and supportive, I cook dinner everynight and it is very healthy. He wants to eat mexican food tonight I am really dont know what to do. He just left for his chiropractor's appt and wants to pick it up on the way home so I have maybe 30 minutes to decide what I am going to eat. Please give me idea's and remember I live in Texas so everything is tex mex.

69451.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

1st Goal: 165 By My Daughter's 1st Birthday
2nd Goal: 140 By My Husband's Birthday
Ultimate Goal: To Be a size 6

Replies

• cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    My husband is so great and supportive, I cook dinner everynight and it is very healthy. He wants to eat mexican food tonight I am really dont know what to do. He just left for his chiropractor's appt and wants to pick it up on the way home so I have maybe 30 minutes to decide what I am going to eat. Please give me idea's and remember I live in Texas so everything is tex mex.

69451.png

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Fajitas or a Taco salad, just don't eat the "taco" part or the sour cream. Good luck on that one!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Another option is to go carb free - taco salad - eat the beef, salad, gauc, sour cream, etc just no tortilla. As long as that's it for the night, you should be okay.

You could also do a flour torilla stuffed with meat and lots of veg??? Might that work???

Good luck - I'm a bad girl, and I'm thinking of all the delicious stuff with margaritas on the side!
    :tongue:
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    taco salad without the tortilla is great!!
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    :smile: Girlfriend, I had the same issue last nite! My mom is helping me take care of my daughter while my daughter is in an excel math class--takes her to school and picks her up, then we meet to eat. Well, we went to Pappasito's for mexican food, and instead of ordering an entree with rice, beans and the main item, I opted for an appetizer and shared it with my son and daughter. I got a spinach and chicken quesadilla--which has about 6 wedges. I ate 4 and he ate 2 and I was pleasantly full! :happy:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Get chicken fajitas and just eat the chicken maybe? Or like others suggested, the "taco" salad w/o the shell.
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    YOU SHOULD USE GROUND TURKEY INSTEAD OF BEEF. IT TASTES BETTER AND IS HEALTHIER. PUT LOTS OF VEGGIES LIKE TOMATOES, PEPPERS, LETTUCE.
    USE LIGHT TACO SAUCE, LOW FAT SOUR CREAM, LOW FAT SHREDDED CHEESE, GUACOMOLE IF YOU LIKE, AND CRUMBLE THE TACO SHELLS AND MIX EVERYTHING.
    IT TASTES GREAT!

OR YOU CAN MAKE A TORTILLA WRAP WITH ALL THESE INGREDIENTS.
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you all! I chose a taco salad I had a tiny bit of the shell... just the bottom and I had a bit of quesdilla. I am so full. next time I am just going to get 1 chicken taco. I am at about 1300 maybe 1350 for the day. I normally barely make 1200. I will have burnt 1100 calories after my walk tonight but I might be jogging most of it..... and drink like 8 more glasses of water along with apple cider vinger guess I am going to be peeing all night. I enjoyed it though.

69451.png

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I chose a taco salad I had a tiny bit of the shell... just the bottom and I had a bit of quesdilla. I am so full. next time I am just going to get 1 chicken taco. I am at about 1300 maybe 1350 for the day. I normally barely make 1200. I will have burnt 1100 calories after my walk tonight but I might be jogging most of it..... and drink like 8 more glasses of water along with apple cider vinger guess I am going to be peeing all night. I enjoyed it though.

69451.png

You know sometimes eating a bit too much actually gives the metabolism a jolt! Then just go light the next meal (or I find this works for me!).
    Glad you enjoyed with moderation! Good work!!
    :flowerforyou: