First week

lisaanthony3
lisaanthony3 Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
This is my first week and not sure what to think about how I'm doing. I stopped eating after 8:00 which is very hard, cut out most carbs and going to the gym three times a week on the tredmill for thirty minutes. I know my work out isn't like the biggest looser but I'm a little discouraged that I didn't loose any weight. I was hoping to loose some weight like maybe three pounds. Any suggestions as to how soon before I see some results. Any suggestions would help.

Replies

• Don't get discouraged since it's only your first week. Besides, losing 3 pounds a week is not very healthy, and losing weight that quickly can make it very difficult to keep it off once you've reached your goal. Your best bet is to shoot for 1 maybe 2 pounds a week at most. It's also great that you're going to the gym three times a week, but if you find that you're still not losing much weight, you might need to work out for longer periods of time or try to go one more day each week. Hope this helps, and keep on trying!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    don't be in a hurry about losing weight. It's always tempting, we all want to get that stunning body quickly, but the quicker the results the quicker you can gain the weight back. remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a momentary change where you diet and exercise intensely and then go back to ''normal.'' MFP is a great tool for tracking your calories and your exercise so just remember slow and steady wins the race! just keep working hard knowing you're working towards a better you, we'll all get there together!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Just keep at it. No one gained their weight in a week, it takes time. Don't be disappointed. We are all with you in the same boat.
  • glor5
    glor5 Posts: 2 Member
    My first week too. First time I've exercised in about 5 years. Difficult for me to give up pepsi. This evening I fell off the wagon - I was starving. Had some pepsi & cheese & triscuts. I have had more energy though. Also, drinking more water which is very difficult for me.
  • rondahruby
    rondahruby Posts: 8 Member
    This is my second week. I'm actually constricting carbs instead of calories, but calories end up constricted as well. ITs working great. I decided to buy the very newest Atkins books by Westman etc, after reading the Readers Digest Article about Gary Taubes. CHanged my thinking. I did NOT want to give up carbs, i'm a carb addict. But two weeks, 4 lbs, and 2 inches smaller in the waist without starving are amazing. Oh yea, I'm recovering from a broken ankle back in the Fall, and I'm loving getting back to walking and strength trainin,g and! dancing! Its great for my mood.
This discussion has been closed.