cals vs. carbs

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
I know I've seen a post on this topic recently but couldn't locate it.
So, yesterday and today have been carby days for me. It has caused me to notice that I frequently have to choose between going under on my cals or going over on my carbs. Any words of wisdom on this one?? Is it more important to stick with calories or carbs if you're faced with the choice. Obviously the optimal point is not to be faced with this issue but I made my bed by choosing to splurge (nutritionally) on some of today's farmer's market (still WARM) perfect Italian focaccia.

TIA! :)

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I know I've seen a post on this topic recently but couldn't locate it.
    So, yesterday and today have been carby days for me. It has caused me to notice that I frequently have to choose between going under on my cals or going over on my carbs. Any words of wisdom on this one?? Is it more important to stick with calories or carbs if you're faced with the choice. Obviously the optimal point is not to be faced with this issue but I made my bed by choosing to splurge (nutritionally) on some of today's farmer's market (still WARM) perfect Italian focaccia.

TIA! :)
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have only been going by calories and look at the others but I haven't let them bother me. This has worked for me so far. I have done liquid diets, carb diets and so far this has been the one that has worked for me. The bigest difference with this site and just trying to diet is the ease of use. 90% of the work is done for us :wink: I always say measure and/or weigh all your food because my eye was much larger than the actual amount :noway: I hope this help you and wishing you the best :drinker:

24167.png
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    STICK WITH THE CALORIES. FOR EACH GRAM OF CARBOHYDRATES, IT EQUALS OUT TO 4 CALORIES. FOR EACH GRAM OF FAT, IT EQUALS TO 9 CALORIES, AND PROTEIN EQUALS TO 4 CALORIES AS WELL. YOUR DIET SHOULD CONSIST OF 55% CARBS, 15% FAT, AND 30% PROTEIN. MFP CALCULATES THE AMOUNTS FOR YOU, ON THE FOOD DIARY. JUST STICK WITH THAT, AND YOU SHOULD LOOSE WEIGHT!
    I KNOW HOW CARBS CAN BE TEMPTING, ITS HARD NOT GOING OVER YOUR LIMIT.

WELL GOOD LUCK!