Bloating after you stop weight training.

Options
I've recently started lifting weights for toning & building muscles, while I don't wanna look like Sylvester Stallone, but at the same time need to feel strong & good about my own self. I see so many guys who once went to gym and lifted weights and looked fantastic then, looks so bloated now, they increase inches everywhere on their body after they stopped training. And the same guys advice against lifting iron, while I don't go to a gym, but I do have started to lift weights at home, which is making me scared. I keep thinking what if someday I could not continue, will I bloat like them ? :confused:

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    The short answer is no.

'Cuz, when you start bulking you have to add calories. Lots of calories. Most of these guys never reduce their diet when they quit lifting.

Steroids. Politics aside, are great for bulking fast but most people fail to end their cycle correctly which causes massive testosterone drops which in turn compounds weight gain.
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Bulking is the right word than bloating, And yea that makes sense, so we need to take care of our calorie counts and go into maintenance mode.
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    Here is a really good article on my favorite exercise blog it explains the myths behind weight lifting, and the exceptional benefits from it.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2009/08/29/the-number-one-reason-women-need-to-embrace-lifting-weights-and-ignore-the-‘bodybuilder’-myth/

Basically women are never going to look the way that men body builders, or women body builders do just with lifting. There are several other aspects that would need to be included in order to get those rippling biceps.

Also as a side note, she has daily exercises that include cardio and will help you tone up and lose weight at the same time. There are many other great articles along the same lines as your question. Good luck!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ^ awesome article & a great site, thanks.