pushing a pram

Options
Hi,
I try to walk fairly regularly for about 20-30 minutes a day and its pushing my son in his pushchair. Do you think this burns more calories?
I normally walk about 2.5mph.
cheers

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i think it does but they dont have a setting for it. there is a setting for walking pushing a stroller but its the same as walking 2.0 mph so when im out with the pushchair i just log it as im walking without one. for a more acurate reading it would be best to wear a heart rate monitor
  • ballgood
    ballgood Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes it does, I found this website which allows you to put in your weight also, so the burn is a more accurate calculation.
    www.healthstatus.com
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc for the calculator

Good going on your part and it gives your baby some fresh air too.
    Keep going

Beth
  • ballgood
    ballgood Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just checked it out and the burn was lower with a stroller, when compaired to walking at 3mph?
    Still a useful tool, but I would try to work out my speed and calculate that way. It may be assumed that walking with a stroller is at a slower pace (strolling)

keep it up though

B
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Hi,

It does. I take my two boys out 4/5 times a week, walking about 80-90 minutes a day. My youngest is ina buggy and my eldest is on a buggy board attached to the back of the buggy. I wear a heart monitor/calorie counter and burn off approximately 450 calories each time.

Hope this helps :)
  • mrsld
    mrsld Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Any recommendations on heart monitor/calorie counter things you suggest?

x