Burned out on dvds

fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
OK, since I am a single mom of a 3 year old, I started doing dance/cardio dvds at home for my workout. I can't afford the gym, can't go for a jog/fast-paced walk without him and I need some new ideas. I've considered just taking him on walks ( warming up enough now that we can go outside without hats and gloves!) but it is so hard since he obviously doesn't keep up.

Any suggestions? I currently bowl 2 days a week which surprisingly burns alot (I still cut my time in half) and play volleyball one night a week but I'm not losing what I want. Been cleaning the house when I'm bored instead of vegging in front of the TV (gets me sweating!) I'm down 7lbs total since starting Jan 20th but know i can do better, that's hardly 2lbs a week!

Replies

• Hey,

when i was younger i used to run up and down the stairs twice inbetween sets on DVD work outs etc. [Pause] button is your friend lol :)

IAN
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    do you have On-demand? If so, you can check out exercise tv and they have some great workouts. I love the ones from Chris Freytag from Prevention Magazine.
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Jumping/skipping rope. It takes less room than you might think!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 713 Member
    first - 2 lbs a week is amazing progress. 1 lb a week is considered "healthy" and 2lbs is "rapid," it's not realistic to expect your body to do more than that, not to mention that it doesn't set you up to keep it off. That being said....

if you are a netflix member, they have a decent selection of instant view workout videos. They're under the "sports and fitness" section. The self, 10 minute solution and crunch videos are the best ones they offer. Good variety: cardio, yoga, pilates, strength training. Personally, I think the 3 self videos have the best bang for the buck, that they have, but the 10 minute solution kickboxing and carb blaster are pretty good for that too. Most of them incorporate light (3-5 lb) weights.

I do these videos when my baby goes to bed, that way I get a good solid workout and can stay home.

Hope this helps!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    My goal is 2lbs a week. I expect to lose that much because I'm losing a considerable amopunt of weight. I would be ok with one lb a week if I was trying to lose 25-50 lbs but my LT goal is to lose 100. I've heard with being very large to start out It's not unheard of to lose more weekly.

I don't have stairs or on demand but I DO have netflix, I will check out their DVDS, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.