Just venting..hope I dont offend anyone.

Options
2»

Replies

• ptrppl6
    Options
    How ironic...I'm reading this while I eat my breakfast; a yogurt--strawberry--Shaklee meal shake--smoothie. I really messed up this weekend; early Valentine celebration, daughter's 16th birthday, Saturday night homemade pizza feast. I decided to try the smoothie--for--breakfast--and--lunch thing for two days, just to get back on track. It helps me to do that sometimes, in a very limited way (two days, 1-2 meals, etc) to remind myself that I need me some edumacation on how to eat.
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    You shouldn't feel bad because someone has a personal pet peeve about it. Grant it I've used sf in the past during college for a snack or for a quick breakfast like you do because its convenient. I don't use it now and I've never done the actual plan and don't see the benefits of it because I feel their products have too much sugar in them.
    It's not my business though either. Just like weight loss surgery and any other diet plan, The weight loss is easy, its the maintenance. I did weight watchers and successfully list 50lbs, but after a year I slowly gained it all back plus some.
    Do what works best for you. Especially if it helps you eat breakfast which is so important!
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    You shouldn't feel bad because someone has a personal pet peeve about it. Grant it I've used sf in the past during college for a snack or for a quick breakfast like you do because its convenient. I don't use it now and I've never done the actual plan and don't see the benefits of it because I feel their products have too much sugar in them.
    It's not my business though either. Just like weight loss surgery and any other diet plan, The weight loss is easy, its the maintenance. I did weight watchers and successfully list 50lbs, but after a year I slowly gained it all back plus some.
    Do what works best for you. Especially if it helps you eat breakfast which is so important!

That was to be addressed to @mobstang who reports feeling bad for having sf for breakfast
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I find it a little funny that the OP admitted to consider fad diets until she joined MFP. So what about the people who don't know about MFP, or are simply not knowledgeable about the weight loss process? I just think it's a little presumptuous to expect people to know the 'right' way to lose weight when you yourself admittedly didn't know any better until you were exposed to MFP.
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    Options
    I sometimes make a shake for lunch or breakfast if I'm not in the mood for anything or haven't prepared anything and don't wanna fall off track. But I agree that having 3 of them is not a good idea. People need real food and starving themselves is a really really bad quick fix that will only last until that person passes out from fatigue and then binges.
  • dmplz66
    Options
    Amen sister!!
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I feel like it would be harder to do the Slim Fast diet because I would have no control over what I'm eating. I think that's the only reason MFP works for me. It's too hard to give up a variety of food :blushing:
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    After reading this I feel almost guilty for using SlimFast as a breakfast replacement when I don't have time for a full meal. The Rich Chocolate Royale is pretty much the best thing ever and it keeps me full until lunch. I'm not using it in a "plan" but for 190 calories it is sure better than a candy bar and it satisfies the same urge.

Also, when I first started getting into MFP I had a hard time eating breakfast so keeping it all liquid really helped.

I do totally agree about not being a quick fix and you'll never get anywhere permanently without some real exercise.

I do the same for a more nutritional way of eating on the run - I am not doing the actual diet.