Options
    Metamucil!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    eat ALOT of salad (spring mix) and drink water
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Good question! I use Prunelax but I also like Sunsweet Cherry Essence Prunes. But I'm yet to find something I can use on a daily basis since at work the bathroom is waaaaaay on the other side of the building grrrrr! Miralax doesn't work for me. Acacia Senegal is the only fiber I've found that works for me but only comes in powder form and I'd need to use it 5x day. I ordered mine thru Swanson's.

http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/acacia-fiber.htm

www.helpforibs.com/shop/suplmts/acacia.asp
  • momof3babes
    Options
    Activia yogurt helps me a lot. Even when I drink TONS and TONS and TONS of water it doesn't help unless I eat Activia and L OTS of fiber through fresh fruit and veggies.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As over-the counter assistance goes, Miralax is my favorite...it's GENTLE!! I typically start my day with two flavored prunes (orange & lemon essence are great - almost like candy!).

Word of warning - overloading on fiber can cause constipation, too, so you should increase your fiber intake slowly so your body can adjust.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Fiber Supplements - I get the Fiber Chews andt ake 2-4 a day
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat foods with extra fiber! Vitamuffins for breakfast or they now have Nature's Own English muffins with 8 grams of fiber and 100 calories!! Also lots of water and exercise. Flax seed oil supplements help me as well. And last but not least at least one yogurt a day!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    water, water, water, water,...oatmeal..., water, water, water, water

AGREE......
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Fiber One Original cereal, 1/4 cup a day for a snack!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Walking and fiber and water intake definately help. And I find a cup of coffee in the morning helps stimulate things...so does green tea
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have my morning cocktail... coffee with protein powder and benefiber :) followed by lots of water. Popcorn is a good one too! I eat it often in the evening when it's been a few days, and it works by morning.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Black coffee!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I have found that if you eat more fiber than you are required that it will solve this problem. or at least it has for me. Then there is also a good dieter's cleanse tea once a week. all natural. no caffeine.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How do you guys handle constipation while cutting calories?

I started using Metamucel. Its not too bad and it had made my bowel movements soft and regular. Its loaded with fiber.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Real oatmeal (not instant) with some fresh fruit added, a good salad of greens everyday, if you eat sandwiches, use whole grain breads with some green leafy stuff on it (i.e. ham sandwich with some butter leaf lettuce or baby spinach...), peanuts...grab one of the1 oz quick packs...not too many calories.

And plenty of water.

It really is easy to get fiber increased in your diet without adding calories or using supplements. Just be prepared at first to have slightly uncontrollable urges until your body gets used to a better diet. :)
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I mix 2 tbsp of USA - Flax, cold ground milled flax seed, into a cup of Stoneyfield organic nonfat yogurt. And drink lots of a water.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i have my oatmeal every morning at 8:00am with some water and a cup'o joe; by 8:30 i'm doing the deed
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lots of fiber..... You can find it in may different foods, if i have a sanwhich i use 'flatout' flat breads.... i believe have 8 or 9 g of fiber.... cereals rich in fiber are good also..... but drink lots of water!!! It will help the fiber flush out your system!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Water, miralax, veggies, high fiber breads and wraps, colace when needed, coffee.