Kettlebell workout

Options
Can anyone help me to add the kettbell workout to my exercise diary? How do I figure out the calories burned? Please Help!
Thank you, Patty

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I want a kettle ball,:sad:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I estimate 250 calories for a 25 minutes workout and I weigh 138. I just did my kettlebell workout this morning.
  • howejenny1
    Options
    I've read an article that claims that the Kettlebell workout burns up to 20.2 calories per minute. So a 20 minute workout is 400 calories, 30 minutes 600 and 60 minutes 1200 calories. They are claiming it is the fastest burn in the shortest time as you use the whole body.

I came across some research here: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2kLAnT/www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/kettlebells012010.pdf

Sounds very exciting and I will be giving it a go!
  • erin_kercheval
    erin_kercheval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good question! I recently got a Kettlebell also. I found this article where they researched and estimate 20 calories per minute. I am guessing that is a pretty vigorous workout. Here is the link:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20100212/kettlebell-workouts-burn-calaories-fast

For myself, I would estimate lower than 20 calories, like Better_Balance does. You could probably use the "Calisthenics" option in the database, that gets you pretty close to 10 or so per minute, depending on weight of course.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Obviously the best is a HRM - before I had one though - I added strength training under Cardio and did light aerobics under cardio and added both. I personally have never found the calorie burn to be what you read about online and figured it was better to over estimate rather than under estimate.

With my HRM - if do about 300 calories in 30 minutes. That said - I'm also fairly fit and have a hard time getting my heart rate to zone without really working. I'm currently using a 20 and 25lb kettlebell and probably need to increase the weight.
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    google calories burned doing kettlebell. Then go to your exercise diary and add kettlebell.