Trying to get some exerscie in during the day

jymalfonzo
jymalfonzo Posts: 37
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Since I'm having trouble finding the motovating after work to do exerscice I am hopeful that starting to take the stairs once a day to begin with will help me to get moving. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Good Luck. I have the same problem so I have learned how to get an hour worth of walking in everyday. I just take the long way to get any where and before i know it i have gotten 15 minutes here and there and it add up to at least an hour sometime longer.

I have a heart rate monitor so I try to walk fast and keep my heart rate up the entire time.

Every little bit helps.
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    That's a great first step ... Good for you!!! Small goals are the best. Once you have mastered that you can add small things along with it, like take the long way around the building or something ... Before you know it your whole motivation thing will have changed. YAY for you!! :)
  • What is stopping you from exercising before work? Maybe go for a short run before breakfast, it's the best time to do it too!

Maybe start with 2-3 miles and build it up from there?

Alternatively, if you want something a little easier. Why not invest in some home gym equipment like a exercise bike, or do press ups and sit ups before you go to work. Challenge yourself and make it a game. How many press-ups and sit ups can you do before work?
  • xstealth12x
    xstealth12x Posts: 43 Member
    Start small! And yeah, do things like taking the stairs. When I decided I was going to make a change, all I started with was 10 minutes a day. Whether it was a 10 minute walk, or step, or whatever. Then I started seeing places I could get exercise in my daily life, like taking the stairs.

You'll start to feel better and find ways to squeeze more into the day. I'm a full time student right now, but I also work a ton during the week, and I've found ways that I can get a 90 min workout into my day.
  • I would love to get moving in the morning! I have rheumatoid arthritis and lupus so it takes me almost an hour to get my body going. Stiff and soar joints stand in my way there. Maybe once I start moving more during the day I could do my walking in the mornings
This discussion has been closed.