Numbers on the scale have slowed down???

sarahlauren18
sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Soo I need to reevaluate what I'm doing and I need input!!! Its been about 5 weeks, so far Ive lost 13 lbs. but the last two weeks have been low in weight loss. I staying around or very close to my 1200 calories limit. I exercise everyday, I drink HUGE amounts of water.. I also started doing P90 Lean . My weigh in is Wednesday and I really reallly really need/want to see a 2 lbs weight lose !!!!!!!

HELP .. what can I do ??

Replies

• sarahlauren18
    Oopss.. I actually have lost 14 lbs. LOL
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    you may not be eating enough. If you're exercising alot, you need to eat that back. You don't want your NET calories to go below 1200. You need the fuel.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    You may lose a good bit pretty quick when you first start. But after that, it has been told to me time and time again that a pound a week is NORMAL and is the safest way to lose weight and keep it off. You need to eat some, if not all, of your exercise calories. I have for myself, that if I don't eat at least 1/2 of my exercise calories I tend to have slower loss. I do zig zag my calories though. I don't always eat my exercise calories, but I try to eat some of them. You are going to slow though. It's okay. My mother, and doctor both tell me 1 to 1 1/2 lb. a week is a great loss. The slower it comes off the more likely you are to keep it off.
  • kaelba2008
    kaelba2008 Posts: 2 Member
    Have you tried calorie cycling? I have done a bit of research, and if you do calorie cycling, it will often get you out of a plateau. If you don't know what that is, it's basically calculating how many calories in the week you are supposed to eat (let's say you are aiming for 1200. That would be 8400 calories for a week). Instead of eating just 1200 or under a week, one day eat 1500, another day 1100, another 1300, etc., and just make sure that by the end of the week, you ate 8400 calories, but not necessarily by eating just 1200 a day. It helps shock the system!
  • sarahlauren18
    kaelba .. ya thats in other words zig zagging. I try to stagger each day so that no day is exactly like the day before. Errr.... I know my body is making serious progress just in inches BUT its a serious addiction to see the scale move!!!! Its crazy but it gives me a high to see those number come down !!

Sooooo.. I guess I should only expect to see 1 lb per week??????
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    I don't know how long it has taken you to lose the 14 pounds, but I see that you joined MFP in January 2011. So, if you have lost 14 pounds in a little over a month, that is fantastic. Generally, the weight loss in the beginning is pretty rapid, but then things slow down. I know it is hard to deal with a small or no loss in a week, but, it happens. You need to hang in there and gradually you will reach your goal. You probably didn't put the extra weight on over night and you can't expect to lose it over night either.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    I think she said 5 weeks, for the 14 pounds. :wink:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Hey! Congrats on your weightloss so far!! 14 lbs is GREAT! That is how much I've lost as well in about the same amount of time. The first week, I lost 6 lbs! Since then, it has been slower but steady. This is normal and GOOD! I am impatient...I want the scale to move quicker too! You could try zig zagging like previous posters have suggested. I'm not really sure what advice to give, I guess I just wanted you to know that I'm in the same boat. Slow and steady! Keep up the great work!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Remember you are moving 14 less pounds so in your workouts you are burning less calories. I remember Jillian Michaels saying when you hit a plateau to do what you hate. If you hate cycling or running, do that form of exercise it will make your muscles work in different ways and will take more effort. I wouldn't be able to do it every day but it may be a new motivator. I've been trying new things and putting variety in my work out to maintain a whole healthy body.

Just my thoughts. :)
This discussion has been closed.