Who has after C-Section stomach loss success stories?

Options
124»

Replies

• joscerelle
    joscerelle Posts: 3
    Options
    I had my c-section three months ago. Before I was pregnant my weight was 240. At the peek of my pregnancy I was at 255 and now I'm at 221, the lowest I've been since my second year of college. I was extremely careful during my pregnancy on gaining weight, since me doctor was so concerned with my weight. I made sure I ate as much as I wanted, but I ate the right foods; carrots, cheese sticks, raisins, ALOT of Lite and Fit Yogart, and cottage cheese. Within 24 hours of giving birth I was back to 240, which made me very proud.

Ever since I had my son, Aiden, my husband and I have completely changed out diet. We used to have a lot of frozen dinners and instant meals (burritos, pizzas, hot pockets) in our freezer. Now all we buy is fresh fruits, cheeses, and veggies. The only thing in our freezer is ground turkey and chicken breasts. We went from 3-4000 calories a day to 1700-1900 and we're losing weight like mad; even me postpartum. I have to imagine this is somewhat strange since I've heard so many horror stories about losing weight after baby, but I'm super proud.

As far as scars, because I was heavy, I had to have the old fashion large incision below the tummy. I look like Frankenstein's monster. I can't feel any of the flesh in that area, which is still somewhat flabby from the pregnancy and being over weight. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get feeling down there back, especially since I had such a large incision.
  • FitspirationFox
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and am having a hard time losing the, what I call, tubby flubby over my scars as well.... With my first baby (almsot 3 years ago) i went from 125 on up to 218 at one point. I had a near 10 pounder baby boy (reason for the c-section). Within the first 3-5 months I lost about 70 pounds. (I was holding a LOT of water and fluid.. gained about 25-30 pounds in the last month of my pregnancy). Because I live in BFE, the hospital is not staffed to handle a high risk pregnancy so I was required to have my 2nd baby via c-section as well. Gained and lost a typical 35 lbs with the 2nd pregnancy (thank the lord! lol!) but now, almost a year after my 2nd baby, my "tubby flubby" is nothing pretty to look at. (neither are my "droopy floppies" ...the girls lol... from breast feeding)The hubby promised me if I could get down to my GW of 125---130 lbs and I'm still not comfortable in my own skin, he'll pay for me to have a tummy tuck. I'd rather not have to spend so much money on surgery so I'm going to do my very best to fix what my weight fluctuation and pregnancies have done to my once sexy tummy! blah!! But really.. even if my stomach doesn't look perfect, but looks alright enough in a bikini, I'll be alright with that!! I have no expectations that it will ever go away, so if it looks any better, I'll be happy with that. =]
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I have had two sections and wasn't overweight after them and really did not have a pooch. When I gained 40 pounds I had a pooch and now it is tiny with less than ten pounds to go. On a good, not bloated day my tummy is flat. There is always the hard scar tissue line but can't see it, only feel it.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us c-section moms here! That flap of skin is awful, mine is SO ugly. I was never thin, but when I was thinnER I had a small pooch, now I have this hangy-over stuff that is just gross. I have hope that losing the weight will shrink the monstrocity, but I don't think I'll be able to tighten it up all the way. I might have strong abs and a flat belly some day, but that extra skin is TOUGH to get rid of. I've pretty much accepted that I won't ever wear a string bikini or ultra low rise jeans, but I will be able to rock a tankini and regular jeans and feel amazing, so I'm in.

As for the numbness, my mom had a c/s 27 years ago and is still numb in places. It's a permanent sever of nerves, those don't grow back. :grumble:
    Pretty much the same story. I am very close to my goal weight. My stomach area is still not good looking at all. I would probably need surgery. Ugh!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good info thanks to all you ladies!!! Im a mom of 3 C-sections, So I got some work to do but Im bound and determined ;)
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've had two C-sections and had quite the tummy...

When I was at my goal weight...about 20 pounds ago...I had been doing a lot of Pilates (at home with a DVD) and had a very flat tummy. I used my DVD and did a lot of walking. The DVD I used was RAEL PILATES (Amazon) and I think all of the work with your lower core muscles really has something to do with it. I'm back at it now, hoping for the same results this time around. :)
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and I have what I call an apron around the scar. when I gain weight it gets bigger, and when I lose weight it just hangs lower. I am 105 pounds over weight and am terrified that I am going to have to get a tummy tuck to get rid of the skin when I lose weight. If anyone has tips or anything to help get that smaller please PLEASE inbox me and let me know lol. My scar is beautiful to me, it is the reason my kids are here, but I HATE my apron lol
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about Pilates and your abs. Try that first like a previous poster said she did. :smile:
  • spadyladysbaby
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I had my baby girl almost a whole year ago, she will be one in May, I don't know if this is exactly a success story but hopefully this helps.
    I was 19 years old when I found out I was expected and was around 140 lbs. I went to 175 while was pregnant. I'm now 20 and after a c section, lots of exercise, I'm not really a diet person. I'm 2 lbs away from my goal weight. I'm currently 132 and this is the smallest I've ever been. I'll show you guys a picture of my weak area my stomach and I feel I made progress, please leave commentary. :smile:

I tried to add pics, I'll definitely post when I learn how :/
  • AprilRocks4eva
    Options
    But how did you lose the flab? What excerises were beneficial in your progress?
  • gramon29
    gramon29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a success story to share but I don't. I'm looking for ways to make that flab go away for good as well. Unfortunately, I haven't found much to help me. I had 2 c-sections (one almost 5 1/2 years ago and the other almost 8 years ago) and experience many of the same issues posted on this thread. No matter how hard I work for it (and believe me, I work hard for it), it will not go away. I am 5'2 and weigh about 112 pounds so I'm not overweight, it just looks like yucky flab. I've lost about 40+ pounds over the past few years and granted my stomach is smaller than before; however - flab still there!

I have issues with the scar numbness and tenderness as well and on occasssion, I get a hernia that makes me almost want to faint. The doctor said "this was normal". Yeah right.... I'm not one to go under the knife so I really want to see if eventually this will go away; however, I'm loosing hope. :-(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!