VERY small nsv

Options
lizvanb
lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
So normally at the gym I can't burn more than 850 calories on the elliptical (60 minutes). I know that's already a lot but I always try to push myself and set new records. But I just COULDN'T get past 850. But today, after a weekend of no workouts and bad eating I knew I had to get back on track. I somehow did 886! I know it sounds like a really little thing but I felt so damn happy!

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No NSV is ever small! Great Job!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Great job. It's those little victories that keep us going. :happy:
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Congrats!! Those are the things that keep us going and trying hard from day to day!! Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! But if you are eating back your calories (or expecting big weight losses) be careful going off the machines at the gyms. Mine said 800 cals, but my HRM said like 450, which is much more accurate. If you are on the elliptical hard for about hour 30 or 2 hours though, 850+ would be accurate. If you're on for less than 1.5 hrs, really look into it so you don't accidental sabotage yourself thinking you overburned.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What is NSV? : )
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I always love the support here. And mjwomail, I hadn't thought of that. I should invest in a HRM. monylove311, nsv = non-scale victory. :)
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I always love the support here. And mjwomail, I hadn't thought of that. I should invest in a HRM. monylove311, nsv = non-scale victory. :)

Thanks!
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a big victory to me! Way to go! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!