I can hug my legs!!!

Options
My first, very small NSV. When I started about 5 weeks ago I could not lay on my back and hug my knees. Yesterday after a group step class while we were stretching, I did it!!! I haven't lost anything around my midsection, so I don't know how I did it....but I did, and it was comfortable!!!!

I, embarrassingly, and quite literally cried. Just for a second, I don't know why it was so amazing to me, but it totally was!! I'm a sap, sorry! haha!

Replies

• mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Those NSV are great incentive to keep at it!! I am so happy for you. Keep up the awesome work.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    aawwww ur soo cute! i would have cried too!i think my first nsv will be when i am grabbed by my arm flabby under my triceps and they arent grabbing the fat, but my arm, lol
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My first, very small NSV. When I started about 5 weeks ago I could not lay on my back and hug my knees. Yesterday after a group step class while we were stretching, I did it!!! I haven't lost anything around my midsection, so I don't know how I did it....but I did, and it was comfortable!!!!

I, embarrassingly, and quite literally cried. Just for a second, I don't know why it was so amazing to me, but it totally was!! I'm a sap, sorry! haha!

I have seen this several times what does NSV stand for?
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work!

dhiggins, NSV means "non scale victory."
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    NSV means non-scale victory. And congrats on that nsv!! You aren't nuts. I'd cry too haha
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    Great job! You should be proud!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Non Scale Victories
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sometimes the little things can mean so much.I just noticed yesterday after I took a shower I was able to wrap the towel around me.
    For a long time I wasnt able to unless it was a beach towel.It made me happier than seeing I dropped another pound lol
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options

no scale victory!
  • alvin_grung
    alvin_grung Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.

Well done, BTW!
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    It means that it's a Non-Scale Victory. So anything not weight related basically. Don't worry cuz i didnt know wat it was either nd had to Google it XD lolz.
  • torresad2000
    Options
    congrats! I know how you feel. I've seen skinny girls sit in chairs and put their legs up and i couldnt do this but recently was able to. I felt like a skinny girl for once...but the weird part is i didnt lost too much either. i've lost tons of inches and only 8 lbs. but I am happy with the results so far. Best wishes!
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That IS a big deal!

I do yoga and see all these super skinny girls whose thighs are as big as their calves and they can kneel and sit on their heels, and I think "someday, someday..." so I totally, totally get the knee hugging thing. Yahoo!!!! Great job, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!