South Beach

Options
I was at the doctors today for a follow up visit to see how I'm adjusting to my new medication. I've gained a lot of weight on the other med. I was talking to the doctor about how I'm a carb addict and he said I should try the South Beach diet. Not as restrictive as the Atkins. Has anyone ever tried it? Opinions?

Replies

• jennlee80
    Options
    Personally......I loved it! The first 2 weeks are the hardest! But after that, it really is a lifestyle change. Good fats and good carbs! The key is to eat every 2-3 hours-especially the first 2 weeks! Good luck if you do it!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Phase 2 is livable. You could be on that forever and be happy and satisfied. I don't know who developed it, but they focused really well on balance, low GI foods, and health. You could do the first 2 weeks to get things jump started, but it isn't necessary (this is what my Dr told me :smile:), it's mostly to get your body flipped so it starts to let go of the weight. But if you have been working on MFP you probably have already got it in that mode anyway. GL!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My wife and I tried it on one of our previous, half-hearted attempts at weight loss. Yeah, phase I is tough. Phase II is great. We bought some South Beach cookbooks, and love them.