Weird sensation after working out?

Charrisse
Charrisse Posts: 163
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Specificly after walking.. I just took a good walk, 3.5 mph 2 miles downhill and 2 miles uphill, steady, no breaks.
After walking, I get this weird feeling in my thighs, like a slight bump, or opo in the muscels, no its not my pulse, its random and scattered. Doesnt hurt, doesnt feel like anything really, just like when a new mommy feels her baby move for the first few times - a light bump. LOL its weird! Anyone else?

Replies

• I don't get that sensation. I'm bumping this for you since this section of the forum is relentless and rapid!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Just a minor spasm, nothing to worry about. They can be caused by any number of things, fluctuating hormones due to exercise, reaction to increased blood flow, reaction to stress, increased acid level in the muscle, excited nerve endings, potassium/salt imbalance, a combination of things, or other reasons I forget.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    It's just your nerves I use to get them all of the time behind my knees and on my ankles.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    I get them too, in my thighs and calves. Thought it was because I have MS, but glad I read this and know I was wrong :smile:
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Sometimes this can occur if you get to dehydrated. Much of our bodies are made of water with a little salt, conductive. If your water level or your salt gets to low it can cause muscles to misfire. This usually happens in elite marathoners on hot days though. I think your just experiencing a little extra electrical flow from the brain.

My legs kick when I go to sleep. It's just my brain making sure the rest of me didn't die.

Just make sure your hydrating properly before. This amount of activity shouldn't get you in the danger zone.
This discussion has been closed.