Women doing P90X - Weight's Question

mlb929
mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm just trying to figure out if I"m dogging it or not. My kids just bought me 20lb dumbbells for V-day. I'm about done with my first round of P90X and have done it with 15lb weights for the most part. Sometime I still need 10's. But am totally ready for 20's. I'm doing 15 reps with 15lbs. I'm not wanting the lean program. I use my 25lb kettlebell on some of the exercise already.

I'm just curious as to where I'm at physically compared to others. I do my pullups and chin ups with my feet straight out in front of me but on the floor, I have a free standing bar and this is the best way to do them. I do some of my push ups on my knees.

I should mention, I'm 40, if that makes a difference. I'm just curious to know if on Round 2 in 60 days - I'm doing Insanity first, if I will need ot up weights. more.

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    In my opinion you the 20lbs. should be fine after your round of Insanity. I found I lost a little of the strength I had built up from my round of P90X when I did Insanity. Insanity is a different type of training. You will really enjoy it though.
This discussion has been closed.