Ok, how many calories do you burn whilst.......

johnricketts
johnricketts Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Thought it might be interesting to get some input on some more obscure "exercises"....

For instance, how many calories do I burn whilst playing 2 hrs bebop on the alto saxophone? It certainly works up a good sweat......
Its got to be at least the same as 3mph walking???

Replies

• Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Strap on a heart rate monitor and find out what YOU burn.

That's the thing with calorie burn - it's going to be specific to YOU and YOU only.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Thought it might be interesting to get some input on some more obscure "exercises"....

Hah...I thought you were going somewhere else with this entirely... :blushing:

I log all my obscure things as just general aerobics or general dancing, or something close to it, and then cut down the time. For me, I don't worry about the calories burned so much as the fact I was active. Then again, I don't typically practice eating back calories burned!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Strap on a heart rate monitor and find out what YOU burn.

That's the thing with calorie burn - it's going to be specific to YOU and YOU only.

Exactly
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    OK, I'll add to this...
    anyone know how many calories "doing it" (LOL) burns???? :blushing:
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    OK, I'll add to this...
    anyone know how many calories "doing it" (LOL) burns???? :blushing:

Ahem, "The average lovemaking session burns between 50 and 100 calories. Having sex 3 times a week burns 7500 calories per year. That’s the equivalent of jogging 75 miles. The more intense the sex, the more calories are burned: up to 15,000 calories annually (at a frequency of 3 times weekly). 15,000 calories wquals over 4 pounds of weight loss per year!" :love:

I was wondering, can you do a phd in this..?
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Can we have a show of hands from all those people who have lost excessive amounts of weight through 'love making' or playing an instrument please??? :huh:

** tumbleweads **
  • david081
    John,
    Go to 'exercise' then click database and check out " Music playing, cello, flute, horn, woodwind" - for someone my weight (183) thats about 360 cals in two hours... So maybe when I walked over the mountain earlier, if I took my trumpet and played 'oh when the saints' I'd have burned another 400 :laugh:

David
  • david081
    Hey Backinthenines,, if playing with your instrument burns off 360 calories, knock yourself out...:smokin:
  • Haha.... thanks for all the replies, and I just KNEW someone would lower the tone of this thread ;-)
  • Can we have a show of hands from all those people who have lost excessive amounts of weight through 'love making' or playing an instrument please??? :huh:

** tumbleweads **

Why so serious? this thread is very tongue-in-cheek...
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Hey Backinthenines,, if playing with your instrument burns off 360 calories, knock yourself out...:smokin:

I would be careful announcing that you burn 360 calories playing with your instrument... people might get the wrong idea... :embarassed:
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    ^ lolol :laugh:
    Playing with your own instrament!!!!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    I just have to say this has got to be the most random thread I have read on MFP!
  • Hey, I started a SERIOUS thread here!.....it just sort of got hijacked.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    I like this site for random things and yes doing "IT" is on there. :smile:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calories.htm
This discussion has been closed.