New and need to remain MOTIVATED, kids, school, business, .

Options
Hi all. My name is Toni and I am 35 years old. I weigh 217 pounds and really want to lose weight. I'm not sure how much but I think that if I got down to 170 I would be much healthier and happier.

My problem is finding the time and remaining motivated. I have a business, 2 kids, 2 dogs, a hubbie, and I am helping my hubbie with his classes (he needs lots of help). I am also looking to start a masters program full time in June so I really need to get in the groove before then.

Most of my friends are thinner than me so I don't get help there. I'm hoping this site will be what I need. I have a treadmill (a really good one) and my goal is to work out 3-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes. I can't jog (my feet, shins, hips and back hurt) so I am walking at 2.7-3.2 miles per hour and going up to a 12% incline. I think that's a pretty good workout for now.

Anyway, that's me. Hope to meet lots of you soon.

Replies

• mbuzalski
    mbuzalski Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

Coming here is a great place to find support and accountability. I have been actively participating for a almost 3 weeks. This is exactly what I needed to stay motivated. I hope that you find what you are looking for and if you need a friend, just ask. :happy:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Walking is GREAT exercise, it still gets the heartrate up but is easy on your joints, plus it can be done anywhere. That's all I did when I first began here and the weight fell off (in the beginning, it did get harder later but that's normal). Walking is pretty much all I am doing now as well since I had pneumonia a few weeks ago, I can't do too much. Welcome!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    welcome
    It is hard to put ourselves first and I think that is why so many of us let ourselves go. As woman we are nurturers and we put everyone else and everything else before ourselves. To really make this work and reach your goals you need to make it a priority. You need to make time for it. It will be worth it. If you get the weight off you will have more energy and be able to get more done. You can do it
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. Watch what you eat and keep moving. Those are the best pieces of advice I can give you. Don't get disappointed if in the first few weeks you don't lose much on the scale. Most of my changes have been in my measurements. Good luck!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome! This is a GREAT site to be on for tips and motivation!! :)

Suzi
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Toni, Good Luck to you! I am a 32 year old Mom of 2 toddler boys and I am a fulltime babysitter to my niece so I can relate. I have been on here for a few weeks and I find just tracking all the food that I eat is really helping because sometimes I do not realize how much it adds up. Most of my friends are thinner or have different weightloss issues because they do not have kids. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. Again, welcome and Good Luck.
    __Erin
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you find all of the support and motivation you are looking for. There is a lot of it here.