Overwhelmed with Options

Options
Does anyone else get overwhelmed with exercise options? I think I have too many plans going on, and then I fail at them. I like to switch up my routine, but I never complete any of them. For example, I love the wii games. They have really been a great option for me because they are fun. However, I think I have so many options that I get overwhelmed. Last year I started the 30 day challenge on EA Active, but didn't end up finishing the challenge because I was switching up between some other DVD's. Now, I have that going, plus the Zumba fitness, plus the Just Dance Just Sweat option. I end up having all of these challenges open, but never actually complete one. I guess I just need to stick wtih one or two and alternate, but it gets so hard to choose! Just wondering if anyone else had this problem!

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I just work out every day doing whatever appeals to me most that particular day. I don't feel the need to complete a cycle of anything :)

Charmagne
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have found something I like and I am sticking with it (spin class + hundred pushups) , though I am that type of person that completes something once I start. I can see how it can be frustrating for you that you aren't completing a workout, but in actuality it is better for you as it will be much harder for you to plateau. If what you're doing is working, why knock it?

If you have your heart set on finishing something, put everything else away. Don't go to those other classes, hide the other DVDs.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    OK-
    I think you need to pick whichever one you want first and make a commitment to finish that ONE. Just do it. If you feel like you're derailing because you're getting a decision paralysis fit about which to choose from..you can do something as arbitrary as stacking your games/DVD's and just pick the one on top and finish it and keep on going like that. Flip a quarter- have your kids pick the program. Either way make a *decision* and make yourself stay on task.
    I think you'll feel happy when you manage to finish one of these programs!
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this is just my opinion, but you might want to try sticking to just one and seeing it through. find one that does want you want - burn, sweat, challenge- and see what 30 days does for you. videos are hard because they are so different. not enough challenge, too much challenge, too long, too short - annoying leader....lol. read the blogs about the different videos everyone is doing on here any see if you find one that works for you. take measurements and do a mini-challenge. measure after two weeks - physical and endurence. if you have improvement keep going. good luck.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    If your dead set on finishing one then i agree pick one and put everything to the side. But I think your missing the point. The point isn't to finish anyone thing the point is getting you up and doing SOMTHING.... So when you wake up whatever strikes you as interesting that day do that and then the next day do something different. Just do something, get healthy dancing, doing wii bowling, jumping jacks whatever your getting healthy. Be proud your doing something some are have issues getting that far. Good luck and Keep it up!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get overwhelmed with exercise options? I think I have too many plans going on, and then I fail at them. I like to switch up my routine, but I never complete any of them. For example, I love the wii games. They have really been a great option for me because they are fun. However, I think I have so many options that I get overwhelmed. Last year I started the 30 day challenge on EA Active, but didn't end up finishing the challenge because I was switching up between some other DVD's. Now, I have that going, plus the Zumba fitness, plus the Just Dance Just Sweat option. I end up having all of these challenges open, but never actually complete one. I guess I just need to stick wtih one or two and alternate, but it gets so hard to choose! Just wondering if anyone else had this problem!

Yes, i do too! LOL
  • tannco
    Options
    I do also, I've bought soooo many different DVD's but I've really settled into a Turbo Jam (dance) DVD. It's fun and fluid and I sweat like nobodies business. It makes me sooo sore, which I like. I get tired of the DVD's that are hard to figure out and I'm pretty overweight so some I just can't do without hurting something. LOL. My aunts, mom and I all workout to them and we have 2 we alternate between. I still buy DVD's because you never know when I'll get tired of what we are doing. Boring... LOL.