Picky eater!

Options
Hi everyone,

My single biggest difficulty when it comes to losing weight is that I'm just the absolute pickiest eater! This makes me resort to junk food- pizza, chips, etc.

Does anyone have advice for picky eaters? Yummy healthy foods, how to cover up the bad taste, or even how to make "junk" food better for you? Thank you SO much in advance!

Amanda :)

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am a very picky eater. I eat oatmeal for breakfast. It took me awhile to find a kind that I love to eat for breakfast. I buy quaker weight control maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal. Sometimes I mix it with almond milk or Raw cows milk which ever I have. I hit the gym then I have a protein shake (choc. soy) an hour after that I have something like tuna or a banana or bushs baked vegaterian beans or a salad with organic drews salad dressing. Just something. I also enjoy eating organic oranges alot. I eat tuna salad sandwitches @ work for my dinner. I try to eat something different each day bc somedays I get in a rut and eat the same thing every day and that gets boring. I hope some of my ideas have helped you.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am a very picky eater. I eat oatmeal for breakfast. It took me awhile to find a kind that I love to eat for breakfast. I buy quaker weight control maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal. Sometimes I mix it with almond milk or Raw cows milk which ever I have. I hit the gym then I have a protein shake (choc. soy) an hour after that I have something like tuna or a banana or bushs baked vegaterian beans or a salad with organic drews salad dressing. Just something. I also enjoy eating organic oranges alot. I eat tuna salad sandwitches @ work for my dinner. I try to eat something different each day bc somedays I get in a rut and eat the same thing every day and that gets boring. I hope some of my ideas have helped you.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My son's teacher told his class yesterday that when it comes to new foods, you have to try it at least 15 times before you know for sure whether you like it or not. Even the pickiest eaters can expand their menu three-fold. We're so used to eating overly salted, overly sugared foods that we don't know what actual food tastes like anymore. I've completely given up putting any dressings on my salads and thoroughly enjoy the actual fresh, crisp taste of lettuce, cucumbers, carrots...keep an open mind.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you are going through, I am CAN NOT stand salads and I hate eating the same thing day in and day out. I find if I take like a fruit and veggie tray approach to it it is a little easier. I just a few different items and some dipping sauce ( all measured of course) and some protein it helps a bit. Also fruit smoothies are a god send !!!!! and if you are short on cash like me cut and freeze the fruit individually for the smoothies then its just a matter of dumping it in the blender and you don't have to worry about it going bad and not getting your moneys worth.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My rule is that if I can make it from scratch at home then I can eat it and count the calories. This way you are in charfe od salt,.fat, etc. Make homemade pizza, chips and ice cream and cookies. Not only will you know what's in them you also won't eat much junky stuff caus you will be more satisfied and not able to cook as many things as you want to eat when a craving strikes.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am too! I agree that you should make things homemade. I made pizza, with whole wheat flatbread as crust...yummy! And my kids loved it too! I love fried cheese sticks and this weekend, I made some with a cereal crust and baked them, they were so good.

There are ways to have those comfort foods, without all the bad stuff, you just have to get a little creative.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cook Yourself Thin recipes have some great ideas for turning some not so healthy favorites into better choices!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Here is some real advice,,,,,,,, get over it. I could understand if you were being told you have to eat live worms or something,,,, but come on. To eat a healthy diet all you have to do is eat real food, in moderation, cut out the junk, sugars, processed crap, and empty carbs.

Ultimately it’s up to you, do you want a healthy diet or do you want to be a “picky eater”?