Ladies--> Post Pregnancy flab. ??Advice??

Options
Ok so i overly ate when I got pregnant 5 years ago...i gained nearly 70 lbs in pregnancy with my 8 lb baby and was put on a diet by my doctor. So I am now starting to lose the weight and most of it is in my abdomen...so now I have this hanging skin....Ive only lost 8 lbs since this skin was firm against fat and that was in the past month. So what I need is advice, tips, and whatever else you can give me (contructive criticism) about toning this up because i really really do NOT want to have to have a tummy tuck down the road. THANKS!

Replies

• DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    As a mom who gained 60 lbs during my pregnancy, I feel your pain... and its squishy. :)

I do a lot of those bicycle crunches and sit-ups, but I think a tummy tuck is inevitable for me. :(
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I delived a 6lbs baby last Jan- my fourth. Gained about 60lbs delivered at 190. Currently at 135 still have some looseness in that area-- but it tightens up more and more. Get p90X's Ab Ripper X. Killer ab workout and you will also have to do cardio to get rid of the fat around your midsection. Probably will never be like it once was- but it should get better!
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    try toning your abs with pilates moves or core focus exercise. I did jillian michaels 6 week 6pk to help with my stomach. If its lose skin I heard that you can not really do much but surgery. I honestly do not know.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I call it my pregnancy pouch.
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same boat. Thinking I'll be looking at a tummy tuck down the road too, although, I hope that isn't the case.
  • cmflaf
    cmflaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i gained 60 plus pounds with my daughter back in 2000 and lost every pound and then some but the flab on my belly never went away in 2005 i went to the doctor and she told me that the extra skin would not go away so i had a tummy tuck best decision i ever made. I love my flat stomach. In 2010 we had our third baby (surprised) and my belly still looks awesome!!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i gained 60 plus pounds with my daughter back in 2000 and lost every pound and then some but the flab on my belly never went away in 2005 i went to the doctor and she told me that the extra skin would not go away so i had a tummy tuck best decision i ever made. I love my flat stomach. In 2010 we had our third baby (surprised) and my belly still looks awesome!!

I am doing this next year! I hope to hit my goal weight on my anniversary (april) and if I can maintain for one year my reward will be a tummy tuck and a boob lift!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Be patient and exercize. It can take up to a year for your skin to tighten back up, however it will always have lost some of it's rebound ability. If I relapse on crunches mine gets flabbier again within a week or two. I have 3 pretty babies though on a good note!!!Well earned flab after 3 c sections!!!!:wink:
  • Aleta2
    Aleta2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want a tummy tuck too but not sure I'm having more kids or not. I didn't want to have it too soon and get pregnant again. That's great you still look great after the 3rd baby & tummy tuck. I can see that extra flab creeping up but I do know that Pilates & toning helps a lot.
  • MeggieBoo85
    Options

Thanks so much. I know its pretty inevitable but im goin to try to tone it up as much as possible before hand. How much does a tummy tuck cost any ways? I have BCBS insur...does anyone know if they cover any of it?
  • Candiceg13
    Options
    So, from a mom to 4 (10, 6, 4 and 18mo) the last 3 all C-Sections in 5 years and an average weight gain of 60lbs per pergnancy, I have that extra skin as well! I am killing my workouts, but my doc sat me down and said "sweetie, you will most likely need some surgical intervention"!

So, in 18mos I will be turning 30 and as long as I am NOT pregnanct, will be getting my tummy tuck/breasts as my 30th bday present!!!!!

It has a lot to do with genetics (mine SUCK!), so some women have that flat, never had a baby, tummy, and then others seemed doomed! I do a lot of cardio/core/strenght training, def shrinking in size, but that pouch is holding on w/a death grip, grrrrrrrr....
  • emrd68105
    Options
    Mommy of 3. I had a natural, c-section, then VBAC 3 months ago. Maybe I'm different but I also gained a lot of weight and then worked my rear end off to get it all off and then some. After my first two I had my flat tummy within a year. Its true that your skin isn't as tight but its not impossible to get flat again. Its dedication, hard core work and..........patience :-)
    Believe me, I had my days of crying because it wasn't coming off or that last 5-10lbs seems to just stick. P90X is incredible! It never lets you plateau! Which is the key to getting those last stubborn pounds off.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I call it my pregnancy pouch.
    LOL, me too!! My husband hates when I call it that!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Same thing here - lost around 40 lbs so far and the skin in my lower stomach isn't tightening like the rest of my body. Gotta lose the next 20-30 and then it's gonna be off to the surgeon to get the skin removed as I've been told before over and over that it will NOT tighten back up :( the worst part is I have a tattoo down there and it will most likely get chopped in half by the surgery. Bummer.