Do you log all exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• outersoul
    Options
    I only log my running and weight lifting. Anything else I consider part of my daily/weekly routine. To each his own I guess...
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'd log mowing the lawn as long as it's a push mower, not riding lol. I don't log walking around school, but I may do shopping. You burn tons of calories running for that last must have toy.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i agree - i log the exercises i do on purpose. so i don't log calories from walking around while i'm running errands, etc.

but whether you log daily activities is up to you. i can definitely see how cleaning the house or other things would burn calories and tone the muscles! :)

One of my friends on here wears her HRM and she got her calories burnt to 900+ for house cleaning. I like what one person said, its a nice suprise at the end of the week. :happy:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I once logged a bath/shower scrubbing. I burned over 400 calories in and hour and a half. I did that once. I only log my exercise.
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All these things you did as part as normal life before you did a lifestyle change!!
    given shoveling snow is a seasonal thing!!

so why log them ?

i chase the kids all over the place do alot of bits and bobs most days that i could log
    but i did all these things before and never lost any weight or had the thought of eating anymore because i had!!

log proper things like running gym sessions ect
    all the other stuff is part of daily life even if its a once a month thing imho!!
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I only log extra's that I do to my daily routine. Like what I did at the gym. Or I just logged where I walked from home to the vet then from vet to the store and then from store home it was like 4 miles (normally I would have drove) while pushing my 45 lb kiddo in a stroller and from the store home (2 miles alone)was my 45 lb kiddo plus two 4 lb roasts a 5 lb bag of potatos lol.So I logged it. But walking around shopping or doing laundry or making my sons bed everyday (he is potty training) or chasing him, or feeding my 8 dogs twice a day, vacuuming up after their hair, spot cleaning my floors or even doing a deep cleaning of my tile isnt something I would log. Because it is stuff I did before I tried losing weight (where I wasnt losing weight) so wont count it towards losing when I wasnt before just doing that. I hope that makes sense. I kind of feel like I am rambling.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I once logged a bath/shower scrubbing. I burned over 400 calories in and hour and a half. I did that once. I only log my exercise.

LOL When I first read this I though your actually shower was counted. 1 1/2 hr shower is a workout lol
  • OceanAddict
    OceanAddict Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mmm... I dunno. I have a sedentary office job, and many nights before MFP I would just crash on the couch. If I'm worn out at the end of the day, I make myself get up and do SOMETHING, even if it's scrubbing the kitchen down or vacuuming, and I count that as activity.

If I'm honest with myself, we don't do a lot of cleaning around here, and it certainly wasn't part of my previous "daily activity".

That said, if I had chosen a daily activity level other than "sedentary", I might not log it. I think higher activity levels assume you're doing some moving around during the day.
  • circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Logging the cardio exercise is great, but I'm bummed MFP don't give you calories back for strength training exercises. I still log what I can, it just keeps me focused!