Feb 14 = Singles Awareness Day.

Options
13»

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    I'm not resenting it this year, however in the past I did. Whats worse than having a guy (now ex) who refuses to do anything for Valentines day. Even worse at the time I worked at a jewelry store. I'm married now.. but back when my ex wouldn't celebrate and all my customers and friends want to know what I got-- I would have rather been single and known I wasn't getting anything from a "signifcant other" than be with someone hoping and being let down.

Gotta add, I enjoy buying gifts from my husband and mom. So this just gives me an excuse to spend a little extra on them.
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not single this Valentines day but I have been, planty of times. But I've always been a huge fan of Valentine's day because I NEVER let it revolve around a man, when I have a boyfriend, I'm not concerned with what he is or isn't doing for me and when I don't have one, it doesn't matter. My family always celebrated Vday together, it was a big holiday in my house and among my friends so as an adult I'm always confused when people are so sad or angry on this day. I always associated vday with spending time with the ones you love and making sure you all know how much you appreciate each other. No matter the man I may or may not have in my life, I focus on making vday as great of a day for myself and all of my loved ones as possible. Love isn't about my boyfriend spending tons of money buying me flowers I dont want or candy I dont need, we should always be showing each other how much we care-there's no right or formulaic way to celebrate it. My bf loves valentines day-he's a sappy romantic and I love it because we do things we don't normally do and we set aside more time for each other, which is always a struggle for us. I also love to celebrate with my friends and family and splurge on gifts I think they would enjoy. I hope everyone finds something to enjoy about Valentines day, regardless of relationship status.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "Valentines Day" does not enhance nor does it increase the virility of my love-making or hot monkey sex! My love making is potent throughout the entire year.

Hi! My name is Robin!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :wink:

Nice to meet you Robin...cute smile and all!!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "Valentines Day" does not enhance nor does it increase the virility of my love-making or hot monkey sex! My love making is potent throughout the entire year.

haha!

soo. you come here often?

I will now! :blushing:
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Simple thought: I think, therefore I am ..... single. Don't judge me by my Avatar pic..... that's meant to be a joke.

:flowerforyou: Happy Valentine's Day anyway! :flowerforyou:
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am not single (never have been single for very long), but we've never made a big deal about Valentine's Day. We do stuff for each other throughout the year, so there isn't any pressure to buy overpriced flowers or race out to dinner.

So I'm not really into the fuss of Valentine's Day any more than a lot of single people are out there.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I don't, I have fun and can cook for myself. Something that some girls nowadays can't do :P
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Hey, Im in HS and NOTHING ever happens it always happens to the "popular" people from guys im friends with more than they are! :sad: :sad:
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im in HS and NOTHING ever happens it always happens to the "popular" people from guys im friends with more than they are! :sad: :sad:

:sad: indeed! I know the feeling--all my friends found boys, but between really not being that impressed and not being pretty enough for the ones I did like (and, being painfully shy), I wound up being someone's backup for prom. Of course, his first choice said yes. Meh.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    29 years old and in high school, huh?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    VD?

Resisting.... urge.... to... tell.... tasteless.... joke....

The agony.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I live in Ohio and we not only celebrate St Valentines Day but also Sweetest Day in October. I always said Sweetest Day was a third less serious than St Valentines Day and more palatable for the guys.

I call all my friends and family and wish them a Happy Valentines Day, or they call me, and that's about all I've ever done for February 14th... including the 17 yrs I was married. When you are romantic 365 days of the year you don't need a special day to show someone you care.