Log calories for Leslie Sansone workouts

sassylilmama
sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I am not sure how to log my calories for my 4 fast & firm miles DVD. My pedometer says 175 calories burned but all it picks up on is my leg movement not all the arm movements and resistance band add-ins. I don't have nor do I have the money for a HRM. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    How many miles you did in how much time is how to do it. When I do the 2 mile, it takes 30 minutes, therefore that's walking at 4.0 mph. If you did one mile in about 18 or so minutes, log it at about 3 mph (close enough). 3 miles in 45 minutes? 4 mph. That is what I did before I got my HRM. I found that MFP is usually pretty close to what my HRM says. Congrats on doing the WATP dvds. Isn't Leslie awesome?! :smile:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    There's one where she does 5 miles in an hour. If you did one mile of that (12 minutes) that would be at 5 mph.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    I do the 3 fast miles and I log it as walking at 5.0 mph, in one of my videos she refrences her fast miles as being 5.0 mph.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I do the 3 fast miles and I log it as walking at 5.0 mph, in one of my videos she refrences her fast miles as being 5.0 mph.

thanks!
  • I cant help with the question at hand since I have a calorie counter that I use when I do her 2 mile walk at home. I did want to say though that I found mine for $24 bucks and it works great. You can find cheap ones. Look at Target, Meijers, Kmart ect. I found mine at Kmart.
This discussion has been closed.