Tanning lotions?

Options
Can anyone give any good reviews of self-tanners that they really liked?

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Yes please I second that. I reeeally want to go tanning but I dont want cancer
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bump

I've tried the Jergens one and the color is a little funny. Plus it smells terrible...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I like the Neutrogena gradual tan stuff. No orangy color. They all seem to smell though.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    SALLY BEAUTY HAS IN AN AEROSAL CAN...17.99 BODY SOMETHING..IN A BRONZE BOTTLE!! AWESOME..JUST GET A FLAT SPONGE TO PAT IF IT RUNS WHILE U R SPRAYING...HAVE USED ON ME AND MY DAUGHTER NUMEROUS TIMES!!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i swear by (and use every day) Sublime Bronze lotion. its in a small bottle (lotion, not the gel!!). its got a nice shimmer to it. i just mix it with my normal cocoa butter lotion and its the perfect blend of color and moisture! :)
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump

I've tried the Jergens one and the color is a little funny. Plus it smells terrible...

what does bump mean? i have seen that around the message boards???
    just curious, thanks!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I swear by Jergens!
  • minmatt
    Options
    Sally's (and other professional beauty stores) sell "SalonBronze" and it comes with a plastic gun and its very cheap. The gun and one can is like 12 dollars and refills are around $8. You can usually get 2-3 full body sprays. I usually start with a full body and do touch-ups on my legs and arms til the can is gone. Then I do a hard-core exfoliating scrub and start over. Much cheaper then getting professionals spray tans and it'll save your skin :) Just make sure you spray in the shower or garage or something, you can't see it right away but it can get messy.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    i swear by (and use every day) Sublime Bronze lotion. its in a small bottle (lotion, not the gel!!). its got a nice shimmer to it. i just mix it with my normal cocoa butter lotion and its the perfect blend of color and moisture! :)

loreal makes that right?
  • chyleki
    Options
    I work for Iredale Mineral Cosmetics and we just came out w/ Tantasia...it is absolutely AMAZING! It doesn't have any harsh smells and best thing is it does NOT streak! I have included a link:

http://www.janeiredale.com/

Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy9UUzlpMCc
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Here's my regime: (I don't want cancer either--and I dont' want to pay a ton for tanning either).

Winter/Spring: I use the medium color (dont' want to look "too fake")

Summer/Fall: Dark color

I generall use the Beachboat Summer Color (it's a bit cheaper) but it takes longer to dry (and it has to dry before you can get dressed)

I really like Loreal Sublime Bronze--dries much quicker as it's gel based, but it has shimmer in it, and I'm not a fan of that as it is REALLy shimmery and way too noticeable in my opinion.

Here's the trick though: as it wears off, it gets splotchy and that's when people can really tell that you've done something. SO---exfoliate before you do it, and then before each application, I actually use a pumice stone to clean the remainder off. If you just keep reapplying, the patchiness doesn't go away--it just gets darker.

I do it every few days, but one bottle generally lasts for about a month (and is only about 7 bucks compared to a single spray tan at $50 or a month of tanning for 30-50).

My other trick for making a bottle last longer in the winter--do only the areas that people would see. My arms, chest, neck, and upper back. (and feet/legs depending on what I'm wearing) But I usually skip the tummy, thighs, etc. ;)

ALSO: When applying, WASH YOUR HANDS afterwards...then apply a small amount to the back of your hands. This way you won't ahve that "orange hand" evidence. ;) And sometimes I apply, then wipe off my elbows because they can get way too dark. ;)

Wow. OKay, now that I've written a book on this subject, I'll stop. :) HOPE THAT HELPS!!!
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a couple - I love the Loreal Sublime Bronze but I like the Gelee better because it isn't slimy lotion. I also like the spray from Banana Boat and Jergens has a small lotion called Express. Those aqre what I use to get color, then in between I use the Jergens gradual tanning lotion (healthy glow?).

About "bump"....I think it just means that you have tagged that as something you want to look back at again so it shows on your wall that you "commented" then you have an easy reference to go back to.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've used the Neutrogena foam with decent results. I also like the moisturizers that work gradually. I like to stay pale, but sometimes my legs jut look way TOOOOO white.

With any self-tanners... wear gloves! No matter how well you wash your hands afterward, you'll miss some spots between your fingers or something.
  • chyleki
    Options
    Here are some benefits on Tantasia:

• Builds a gradual, natural looking tan within just three days, for optimum control and customization.
    • Fresh citrus fragrance.
    • Streak free formula.
    • Sensitivity tested for multipurpose use on face and body.
    • Provides natural hydration to the skin
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Watch Jersey Shore and see that whey use?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    mystic tan.....works awesome!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Watch Jersey Shore and see that whey use?

As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show, I really don't want to be orange. Just looking for something natural and a bit safer than the beds I've used.

I was wondering about St Tropez? Any one use that one or is it just an overpriced Jergens?
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have tried tanning lotions in the past but whether I use a spray or cream, instant, gradual, streak free whatever... I still end up splotchy and streaked. I give up.