Article: When the fat girl kissed sweets goodbye

Options
Although this is posted on CNN's "Belief" blog, I think people of any faith (or non-faith) could benefit from reading this - it's a well-written, personal story (pretty short) about one woman's struggle with food and weight loss.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/14/my-take-when-the-fat-girl-kissed-sweets-goodbye/?hpt=C2

An excerpt:

"...on this day of love, I have decided the best gift I can give myself and my family is a healthy life, a healthy wife, and a healthy mom. And eating sweets isn’t healthy for me in this season of my life. It sends me into a spiral of unhealthy food choices."

"One of my most raw, weak places for years was my inability to find peace with my eating struggles. I hated that this had to be my issue. I hated that I didn’t seem to have the self-control other women so effortlessly exhibited. I hated that I constantly bounced from feeling deprived to feeling guilty with my food choices."

Replies

• elizabethl27
    elizabethl27 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    nice article. thank you for posting.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • geocookie
    geocookie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's an encouraging read! Thank you for sharing it! :-D
  • myladyelliott
    Options
    I had just signed in to post about how horrible my day has been, what lousy decisions I made today, and how I am feeling completely defeated - and then I read this article!

Thanks for posting, and anyone who hasn't read yet - DO! It's well worth taking the time to follow the link!

I feel so much better now. *happy sigh*